Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • camping in France
  • downthemiddle
    Free Member

OK, was pricing up a weeks holiday for half term next year, for me the wife and the two little runs & prices as expected are daft. So as an alternative was thinking of taking tent and camping in france. Never having done it before would love any advice good or bad on regions to go/avoid, travel etc.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Go to the Alps, take your bike!

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Not a riding holiday. Family holiday this time

40mpg

Half term may be a bit dodgy on weather unless you go way South. Alps are great (even non-biking) in summer, had lots of family holidays there as a kid and again with my kids.

But be prepared for the odd thunder storm!

Have you looked at Eurocamp type things for a more robust tent and not having to cart so much? We had a ststic caravan thing on Lake Garda last year, that was ace with swimming in the lake + mountains + places like Verona to visit

lucien

Went to the Vosges last summer for family hols, plenty to do and didn’t even need a car for 90% of it.

camster
    Free Member

Although not too far south, we went to Ty Nadan near quimperle in the southern part of Brittany a couple of years ago. For a family, it was great, loads to do, guided mtbing around the local forests, paint balling, go ape style high and low level rope courses, quad biking etc etc.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Stayed here on my way through France. A very civilised site and I’ll be staying again if I ever need to.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘camping in France’ is closed to new replies.