Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Camping in Eastern France
  • mildred

Does anyone have any experience and recommendations for camping in eastern France; Vosge, Alsace Lorraine etc..?

It has to be toddler friendly, preferably have a swimming pool or lake, and very scenic. I've only ever driven through but it struck me how beautiful it is.

Muke
    Free Member
    chickenman

Rather fond of Les Reflets at St Marie les Mines in the Voges: Very french with wine tasting out the back of a truck, a swimming pool, a cafe doing those yeastless pizza type thingies (tarte flambert?), few brits, biking all around and the amazing hilltop fortresses like Schloss Konigsburg above the vinyards of the Rhine valley. Europa Park is about
    1 1/2 hours away if you need a theme park, Colmar and Strasburg about 1.
    This sounds ghastly, but is rather fun in a bizaare kind of way; there is Karioke where they only do those french songs that everyone in France grew up with and no brit-pop in sight!

mildred

Cheers for that – I've sent off their online enquiry form.

What time of year did you go? Was it particularly busy?

chickenman

July: We never book anything because we only ever stay in one place for a few days, but for peace of mind it might be an idea to book.

amodicumofgnar

Stayed at a few in eastern france en route to Interlaken last year.

Boiry Notre Dame – west of Arras, OK, on edge of small village, has swiming pool, fresh bread van daily, super market about 2 miles away in Vis en Attois.

Laon – edge of the town, wooded, didnt see a swiming pool. There is a centre parcs type place just south at Chamouille.

Val de Vesle – SE of Riems, close to the motorway, clean but no swiming pool.

Chalons en Champagne – not stayed but its in the town to the SE of the centre. Area it was in looked a bit rough.

Lac du Der, SW of St Dizier, quite a few campsites around a large manmade lake – Rutland Water on steroids, lots of tourists, lakeside 'beaches' Long flat fast cycle route round the lake. Some campsites seem better than others I stayed in one on the SE side of the lake which was a bit ish.

Langres – no swiming pool but on the ramparts of a walled town. Good for a stop off.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Camping in Eastern France’ is closed to new replies.