Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Camping cooking advice for Italian travel.
  • paul4stones

Going to the Dolomites in the summer by plane so can’t take any gas with us. I’ve one stove that runs on the EPI/Coleman type cylinders but have had trouble finding these in Europe in the past (maybe 20 years ago). Last year, in the Netherlands it was quite tricky although there were places that sold them like bigger outdoor shops. Ideally I’d like to take two small stoves but before buying another I wondered what more recent travellers to this area might advise. So, I’d like a recommendation for a small, backpacking type stove that runs on a fuel readily available in the Dolomites please.

Thanks.

jamiep
    Free Member

Make a meths burner from a drinks can?

ElShalimo

Just buy a cheap CampingGaz type stove before you go. You can get the pierceable gas cans anywhere.
    Trangia/meths stoves are good I’d you can find alcohol to burn

Which part of the Dolomites are you going to?

andyha
    Free Member
    paul4stones

That’s excellent andy, thanks. I like the fact that piercable canisters are much cheaper too.

Elshalimo – not sure yet. I went to the Sella area and climbed on the towers about 25yrs ago but this is a family trip. Hoping for some easy via ferrata. Any recommendations?

ElShalimo

Paul – email me i can suggest lots of routes and camp sites

Cougar

Is it a secret?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Camping cooking advice for Italian travel.’ is closed to new replies.