Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Camping / Caravanning – Les Gets / Morzine
  • injuredflanker
    Free Member

Hi,
    I am looking to take the caravan to the Les Gets / Morzine area for a few weeks in July, to incorporate a family holiday with me joining my mates for four days riding.
    Anyone had any experience or know of any campsites that I could pitch the caravan in the Les Gets / Morzine area. Would prob prefer Les Gets as its a bit smaller.
    The only one I have found online is ‘La Grange Au Frene’ nr Les Gets.
    Any thoughts / experiences / contacts appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Mark

alfabus
    Free Member

les marmottes in morzine :o)

Camping les Marmottes

Fair distance from the town, but easily bikeable. Nice clean bogs and showers too.

Dave

gingerflash

La Grange is tiny I think – it’s the back garden of a hotel if I recall.

Marmottes is nice. The ground is hard gravel and dificult to get pegs in but fine for a caravan. It’s pretty flat too, considering you’re in the alps. Nice shower and toilet block. Baker comes every moring as well. It’s just off the main road between Les Gets and Morzine, probably a couple of km from either town.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    injuredflanker
    Free Member

Thanks Both
    Mark

lank45
    Free Member

There is a camp site in les gets, its up the hill from the town similar to Marmottes. Takes a while getting back up the hill but part of one DH section finishes just along the road, so you can get the lift up ride down and save a tug up at the end of the day.
    The downside is that its up a hill in the alps, we were planning on going into town but after a long days riding sacked it off and slept, the toilets and showers are nice and the whole site is relatively quiet with a nice atmosphere for a family.
    Not too expensive either, I’ve travelled most of Europe through campsites and if memory serves me it was 24 Euro a night for three adults, a tent and a car parking space on the site. Bloke who runs it doesn’t speak much English but he’s laid back and doesn’t like a hassle, he likes the noise kept down of a night too so should be good for kids.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Camping / Caravanning – Les Gets / Morzine’ is closed to new replies.