Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Camping at glyncorrwg ponds (Afan)
  • phillyd
    Free Member

Anyone know if you need to reserve a spot or can you just rock up on the day?
    It’ll be a Saturday evening in a couple of weeks time.

Cheers

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve been and not booked when it was off peak, no problems getting a spot. Been in the summer holidays a couple of years ago and thought it best to book. Good job I did as we got the last couple of pitches.
    It’s summer holidays, I’d book if you can.

momo

I think you used to be able to reserve, haven’t been there for a couple of years.

Take a big lock with you though, used to be a real problem with bike thefts.

toby1

The ponds is a smallish site and is plagued with midges – however, you can also stay at the slightly less midge-tastic, but slight less flat Cymmer side of the trails – although then you don’t have the same cafe unless you fancy riding to it.

Or Bryn Bettws

andyl
    Free Member

Last time we camped at Afan we ended up in Tescos buying a load of citronella tealights and made a rung around us and filled the car with them. I swear I was itching for weeks after. Take plenty of midge repellant, I forgot it that time.

allthepies
    Free Member

Went once and was inhaling midges while I was putting the tent up 🙂

mattbee

Was there 2 weeks ago & the midges were unreal. Swear they were lying in wait outside the van door.

sm
    Free Member

I rode there two weeks ago and my legs are still covered in bites

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Google Tir abbey farm.
    Its about half hour away from Afan.
    Has showers and toilet,road is a bit rough getting up to it but its a gem of a place,Neath is just down the road
    I’ve stayed there 4 times and absolutely love it,no midges and 4G mobile.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Camping at glyncorrwg ponds (Afan)’ is closed to new replies.