Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • camping and riding in wales… where to start??
  • renton
    Free Member

me and a mate have decided to do one of the welsh trail centres and camp over the night??

we are based in worcester and dont really want to travel more than 2.5 hours to the place??

which trail centre is worth looking at and will it have any camping locations nearby??

cheers

steve

takisawa2

We camp at Torrent Walk nr Dollgellau. Its handy for Coed y Brenin & the MachX trails. Nice site, £5 a night & has excellent centrally heated showers, facilities for drying wet kit, secure bike storage etc. Its behind the Little Chef on the A470.

snaps
    Free Member

You can’t go wrong here http://www.dropoffcafe.com/facilities.php?fac=outside beer, food, bikeshop & trails within yards of your tent!

hughjengin
    Free Member

I live in North Wales and the trail centres etc are my back garden 🙂
    opinions as follows:-

Coed Y Brenin- excellent trail centre, lovely area, for a weekend MTB jolly, cant see much better.

Llandelga- fun, but very manufactured and non technical (even the black sections) but real fun, whether its worth travelling 3 hours for and whether you’d want to spend 2 or 3 days riding there is questionable.

Penmachno- My personal favourite, rugged, challenging, ace, Its no better than Coed Y brenin without question probably not as good, but its a bit quieter and nearer (for me)

Marin trail (Llanrwst, Betws Y Coed)- Really good fun, not a whole days ride and not as technical as Penmachno and Coed Y Brenin, but a fun way to pass a couple of hours. Its so near to Penmachno that if you combined the two you could have a great weekends riding

That just leaves all the natural trails around the area, which to be honest put the trail centres in their place 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘camping and riding in wales… where to start??’ is closed to new replies.