• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Camping and eating prior to a big ride?
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I’m doing the Velothon in June, and can’t really afford to stay in a hotel or eat out and didn’t really want to be cooking pasta and sauce type things.

So what would people reccomend to take that’s easy to beat up but will provide me with carbs etc the night before the big ride? I was thinking army style ration pack? Thoughts?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Just look up any one pot recipe that is not a long stew. Big pasta dish is easy. Big couscous dish.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Big bowl of laksa noodle soup. I’ve even done that one when backpacking. Can of coconut milk was a bit heavy though.

What would you usually eat? You can always pre measure out the ingredients at home.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Cook something freeze it in a large freezer bag and it’ll travel well. Melt and cook it over a low heat. Those packs of microwave rice heat up nicely in a own with a splash of water.

We often cook a mild curry or chilli to take with on a family weekend camping. Helps to keep the costs down

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Solo camping = tin of chilli in a pan then add a pack of microwave rice. Eat it straight out of the pan. Five minutes of gas used and only one pan and a spork to wash up. I have done the frozen curry thing before but prefer a can of something just because it’s easier.

Nick

Bombay Bad Boy pot noodle, then use the pot as a coffee mug, you can even rinse it out if you like.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Camping and eating prior to a big ride?’ is closed to new replies.