Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Camping?
  • camo16
    Free Member

i just dont see any reason (other than profiteering of course) that basic feilds with a loo should cost much more than this

That’s dangerous thinking there, fella

There’s no reason why a can of coke should cost more than a quid… but them’s the breaks.

Sellers/service providers don’t charge what the item/pitch costs them… they charge what they can get away with.

Seditious talk? Maybe.

We like to think we’re independent decision-makers with an eye for a bargain, but in truth most of us are getting royally bent over every time we pull out the credit card. 🙁

mrhoppy

Dti,

The site looks nice but the restriction on arriving before 7 means that its a non starter for me, I couldn’t get there before 7 from Shrewsbury of an evening unless I was having to leave work early. Kinda makes weekends away impossible then.

Oh and the links aren’t too clear.

jamiea
    Free Member

We paid £19 a night for the first week of the school hols in Devon; we normally camp at sites charging £3-7 a night but with a 14 month old we decided a little more comfort was required! And to be fair the extra facilities (a freezer and family bathroom etc.) and ‘niceness’ was probably just about worth it. Charging those prices still didn’t deter a family load of oiks coming down from Brizzle for the weekend though 😕

Looking at campsites in Europe you appear to get far much more for your money.

Cheers,
    Jamie

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Looking at campsites in Europe you appear to get far much more for your money.
    And isn’t that bluddy anoying :-/

muddydwarf
    Free Member

We’ve just come back from a week camping in Cornwall, two of us for seven nights, £112 done.

Welcome to South Penquite Farm

It’s absolutely fantastic place to stay, very family orientated (we don’t have kids BTW) with lovely amenities.
    Quite remote but in a beautiful location with a fantastic pub just down the road in Blisland.

Been 3 times now and can’t wait to go back.

robbieh
    Free Member

My caravan is left on a camping and caravan club site just outside Redruth, when we are there it costs £13 per night inc. electric for 2 + awning, our dogs are free. Small “certificated” site which means only a max. Of 5caravans or camper vans at a time. One shower and loo (free) and 10mins from beaches at Portreath and Porthtowan which is
    great for an early morning surf so I can leave the mrs in bed. Same price all year too. my daughter,s there at the moment with 2 kids and partner for £17 a night.

Scamper
    Free Member

Is Ogwen Valley still £4 a night? SW is what, £35 plus in the popular locations!

fenred
    Free Member

Camped last wkend in Southwold, £16 per night inc hook up, grabbed a lovely pitch and V V cheap for the area…We found out why when we visited the shower block 😯

dti

thanks mr hoppy and all the others for all the comments.

website should read whichever is later / not earlier. dooh must change this and post better photos.

Simon

Just back from a week long stay at dti’s Beudy Banc campsite.
    Lovely quiet site in a stunning location overlooking the Dyfi valley, thoroughly recommended. Cheers Daffyd 🙂 See if you can get that KOM back 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Gwern gof isaf or uchaf. £5pppn. And this view for free:

tomaso
    Free Member

Isle of Lewis camping on the beach at Cnip was £11 a night for a motorhome for a family of 4. Only showers and toilets but the beach location was priceless.

But more generally its about £20 with a hook up. Shell Island was a little more but no hook up

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Me the missus and our dog did a 4 night bank holl weekend stay near Pwllheli for £6 per night all in, it had toilets (cleaned a couple of times per day) a basic shower, washing up sink, use of freezer and allowed camp fires, oh and a lovely 10 min walk from the beach (all be it a very pebbly one) … It was basic but just what we want and was happy to pay 🙂

lasty
    Free Member

VW T2 camper – I begrudge paying “by the pitch”…
    All I want is a shower, trails and the corner of a field.
    Last weekend in the New Forest only place I could get was “allocated pitches” so even though the footprint of my camping area required was the size of a family car i.e. a Small camper, I was paying the same as the Clampets who managed to cram in 2 family tents, 3 cars, 7 people and a gazebo for the same price..
    Bit annoying at £30 per night – everything was lovely on the site and would return if I couldn’t find anywhere else.
    Why are campsite owners raising prices ??
    Basically because they can…
    Know a couple of farm/pub sites where I can pitch up for a fiver but they are (of course) in the north, my old stomping ground.

Spin
    Free Member

If you think it’s expensive here never go to Italy.

There are exeptions but 30 euros plus for 2 people a small van and no electric is pretty much standard.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Went to Shell Island in North Wales for the Bank Holiday weekend. £15 per night for 2 adults. Would recommend it very highly although i would be tempted to avoid the bank holiday weekend in future!

Shell Island

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

This site is a handy resource http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/

lasty
    Free Member

^^^ A good source indeed but I tend not to use t`internet listed sites as everyone and his dog uses ukcampsites and similar meaning they get familied out. Much prefer a deserted basic site, usually a farmer making a few quid and doesn’t want the hassle of cleaning bogs twice a day to keep his ratings up – sadly getting harder to find these days …

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

thread resurrection …. sorry 😉
    But has anyone found any good (cheap) campsites anywhere nice this summer then?
    Bont Fechan campsite is just past Criccieth in North wales (between Pothmadog and Pwllheli, not far from the hills and close to the beaches, basic but only £6 per night for a big family tent 2 adults (allegedly) and our dog … Bargain! its got toilets/sink/shower and freezer facilities

wl
    Free Member

Go wild – it’s free, and much more fun if you don’t mind getting rained on while you sh*t behind a rock.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

i’ll bet everyone is away camping as we speak! (in the cold n rain) Lol

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

nr Barmouth always camp at Garth y Fog, Arthog. Between £7 and 10 a night. Basic, just toilet and pay shower I think, yet nicely positioned, interesting pitches, some sheltered by drystone walls, good views and excellent jump off for Cader idris rides, or bridleways/rupps over hills thru forest and moor twrds yet more unpronounceable villages and hills. Just how I like it. Saw a buzzard and an osprey having a mid air battle right there. Don’t see that everyday!

Drac

i’ll bet everyone is away camping as we speak! (in the cold n rain) Lol

Not me I’m getting ready for work.

sierrakilo
    Free Member

If you can, always avoid August.

Lots of places have better value come September

sierrakilo
    Free Member

Good value for London we found a couple of weeks ago.

Apps Court at Sunbury. £13 per night for campervan 2 adults , no elec. Right on south bank of the Thames, easy cycle /walk to Hampton Court

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

camping in London???? but WHY???????? 😯

wrightyson
    Free Member

Currently posting from my sleeping bag as the need to remove last nights beer from my bladder got the better of me. Its bloody freezing this morning!

takisawa2

Just back from France, £35 a night for a site near Disney, but they were huge pitches & the place had a pool etc. Caravan Club is £33 a night for 2 adults, 2 kids & electric. Cheap holidays my rse.

Torrent Walk nr Dolgellau used to be quite cheap.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Camping?’ is closed to new replies.