Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Campervans in NZ?
  • easygroove
    Free Member

Has anyone got a recommendation for a campervan rental in Christchurch NZ (not Wicked or Maui or Britz), a more local, non chain company?

Thanks

DCW
    Free Member

Kea campers are good. Not sure if they are local or non chain but they did us well on price and service in 2008. The vans were spotless too. Best thing we did was take out the fully comp insurance as I ended up ripping the back bumper off the camper but the insurance covered it no probs and the staff were very helpful.

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

+1 for Kea, used them in oz in 04, then used Britz in NZ last year, Kea were much better

also definitely +1 for the insurance, the missus wiped out the side of ours on a bollard in a petrol station, didn't cost us a penny, dread to think what the cost would have been otherwise.

Aidan
    Free Member

If you're staying for a while, then why not buy one? I went to the Backpackers Car Mart in Christchurch and paid about $2000 for a van…

We drove it round for a couple of months and sold it out-of-season in Auckland for $1000.

Might be worth considering…

Shandy
    Free Member

I bought a lemon when I was down there, it can get very expensive. Mates used Kea and were happy with them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Campervans in NZ?’ is closed to new replies.