Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Campervan gas
  • ElShalimo

Has anyone switched from campingaz 907 to Calor 4.5kg cylinders?
    I’ve been thinking about this but do they use different regulators?
    How hard is it to change?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve always used the Calor cylinder in ours, and always used propane so it doesn’t stop working when freezing. I use an inline regulator but most set ups I’ve seen have the regulator on the cylinder itself, which can easily be swapped for another type.

ElShalimo

Thanks, that’s helpful as I was thinking of running both, using the 907 when abroad. Then flip back to the cheaper Calor gas in the UK

spooky_b329

If you want to use it in cold weather you’ll need Propane (Orange). Butane (blue) won’t work in winter. Campingaz is a mix of both.

Another option is a refillable bottle such as Gaslow, but pricey to begin with but you top up at the LPG pump at filling stations, so very cheap and you don’t need to run out/waste the remaining gas when you exchange the bottle. Also means you only need to carry one bottle.

I went for a 30l underslung tank. Need to budget for a proper filler mounted somewhere as filling stations get a bit tetchy if they see you filling at the cylinder as travellers use dangerous adaptors to (over)fill standard bottles.

molgrips
    Free Member

Changing regulators is easy, did it to use German gas on the caravan.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Spooky – can I ask what you paid for tank and filler cap fitting?

Well, I just did but you know what I mean 😉

spooky_b329

ian…fairly pricey. With a filling kit its around £300 for a 32 litre tank…and I didn’t add on the price of the straps to bolt it under the van. I also bought a tin of clear plastidip to rubberise the tank as they go rusty when the stones chip all the paint off.

You need to make sure its a red vapour take off tank, most are liquid take off for engines etc.

http://autogasleisure.co.uk/gastanks.html

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Campervan gas’ is closed to new replies.