• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mos.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Campervan fridge repairs in West Yorkshire
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

My waeco fridge has packed up in my campervan. I think it’s the compressor.

Not only do I not know how to remove it from the built in unit but I have no idea where I can get this fixed?

It’s about 7 years old but only gets used when away camping so not that old really.

These are £500 to replace so I’d like to fix it or try to first before it gets dumped.

Any recommendations? I’ll have to check the manual when I get home for the exact model but it’s a 12v, 240v fridge, not a 3 way gas fridge.

I’ve phoned a few fridge repair shops but they only fix normal domestic fridges and don’t seem interested in campervan ones.

Thanks

ElShalimo

Motorhome dealers usually have a service dept, I’d start there
    Where are you in WY?

damascus
    Free Member

Between Halifax and Bradford.

Can you recommend dealer to use?

Thanks

jaylittle
    Free Member

SK campers at birstall do their own builds and always get good reviews. If they can’t repair it im pretty sure they’ll know somebody that can.

We must live reasonably close im not far off beacon rd.

Kahurangi

I had an issue with the Danfoss PCB (control module) so have trawled the web for manuals and troubleshooting guides, email me and I’ll get back to you over the weekend.

For starters, the red LED should be flashing an error code at you. Between one and five flashes separated by a longer pause.

For repair centres, check the Waeco/Dometic website- they list dealers and service centres.

rockhopper70

Not an area I can help with but there is that large dealer and service depot for campers on Wakefield Road in Copley, just outside Halifax. Richard Baldwin?
    They presumably have warranty issues and repairs to deal with.

ElShalimo

damascus – we used this site to find someone to do the habitation service
    http://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/search/

Exploria in Brighouse might be worth asking

I’ve no idea how good or reliable they are but Richard Baldwin in Copley is worth asking (has a service centre just past the Land Rover dealer) as are Lowdhams in Hudds

mos

I’d try Baldwinds or Lowdhams. Exploria just fit new stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Campervan fridge repairs in West Yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.