Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Camper vandows – privacy or tint
  • piemonster

Really the question I’m asking is, are privacy glass windows too dark when sat in the van on a rainy day?

There’s the tinted option or clear but fitting a curtain.

PePPeR

Nope, I’m assuming you don’t mean the front side windows tho.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If the van’s rockin’…..

piemonster

Nope, I’m assuming you don’t mean the front side windows tho.

No, one on the sliding door and the fixed panel the opposite side.

piemonster

If the van’s rockin’…..

Prefer it outdoors than in the he van if I’m honest

PePPeR

The full tint is fine, makes it a little darker, but seeing out is always Ok.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blinds/curtains or those foil backed heat shields are the norm with my camper van mates.

cyclingmev
    Free Member

We’ve got tinted windows in our van, apart from windscreen..so it’s still possible to accidentally moon people 😳

nickjb
    Free Member

We’ve got pretty heavily tinted with a one way finish. It’s great. Very private. You can’t see in at all when the lights are off. Handy when parking up in town too. Not an issue from inside. In fact I smashed one a few weeks back and replaced it with a light tint glass from a scrapper and it’s nowhere near as good. Need to get it properly tinted.

scotroutes

You’ve been in my van Shaun? That’s the darkest tint available. You can still see out really well.

piemonster

@Scotroutes

Honestly I don’t think I’d really paid attention to it!

scotroutes

Does this help?

piemonster

Yes, that’ll do it. Ta for that.

DickBarton

Looks plenty bright with the side door opened…is the question more can you see inside the van ok during the day in the back with all windows and doors closed?

If so, then the vans I’ve been in that have a sort of up-to-date shade of tint have been fine, the darker ones are ok on bright days but felt much darker on gloomy days.

BigJohn

I got changed in my van last Thursday at the lake to go windsurfing. By the time I was ready I really didn’t feel like it as it looked so cold and miserable through the dark glass.
    When I emerged, though, it was like stepping into a brand new (cold and miserable) world.

scotroutes

If you plan on sleeping in it, the dark tint might mean you don’t need curtains.

However, remember that if you’ve a light on inside the van in the dark, folk can still see in.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

i’ve got factory fitted privacy glass to the rear side and rear window on my SMax and it’s fine and bright enough inside during the day. It’s very effective at keeping prying eye’s out from looking in the van during the day too. However it is very dark at night and reversing and manoeuvring the car in a tight car park at night if not well lit is a case of relying heavily on the parking sensors and what you can see out of the door mirrors.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Camper vandows – privacy or tint’ is closed to new replies.