Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Camper Van in Conwy Valley/Surf Snowdonia
  • chevychase

A few friends are going to Surf Snowdonia this weekend but SS are fully booked for accommodation.

I’m going to go over with a mate in his campervan and ride Conwy mountain then join them for beers later on.

Does anyone know of decent places to pitch a van within walking / short riding distance of Surf Snowdonia?

chevychase

No-one? 🙁

northerntom
    Free Member

car park at marin trail isn’t too far away, and sure you could pitch there for the night. steep ride back mind.

otherwise you could probably just park outside up one of the side streets. it’s quiet area so should be fine.

Marin
    Free Member

Free night try Marin Trail or whatever it’s called now carpark or thereabouts. Do the Drum descent best big downhill in North Wales.

tillydog
    Free Member

There’s quite a big lay-by about 1.5 miles North of SS on the B5106. Not aware of any parking restrictions on it.

Link might work:

https://goo.gl/maps/G7dpfoguS4N2

ElShalimo

There’s a small car park near the reservoir up by Cwm Eigiau. The only night time visitors will be the wild ponies.

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Tillydog is correct – seems to be no parking restrictions; there was a large camper on there for a few weeks.
    Maybe up by Crafnant as well… not sure of over night restrictions but I would guess no issues. Slightly bigger climb up than the Marin car park.
    Crafnant car park

tillydog
    Free Member

There’s a small car park near the reservoir up by Cwm Eigiau.

You’d get to SS quite quickly from there on a bike. Getting back might be a tad character building 😉

(’tis a lovely spot though.)

chevychase
    andywnpt

Checkout Tyn Terfyn Touring Caravan Park, pretty basic campsite in Tal-Y-Bont with electric hookups. It’s about a 15 minute walk from Surf Snowdonia. Contact is easier via Facebook than telephone. Not sure if it ‘s still open or closed for the season. I

summittoppler
    Free Member

Cheers all.

@Marin – I’m guessing this does cover the “drum descent”?

I’m afraid not but its a nice loop. If you want to take in the descent then obviously first you have to ascend! You’ll see the wooden sign post at SH 69320 72239 directing you up the climb, its worth doing especially on a clear day.

As for some where close to SS, you can try SH 77429 66341, its a layby near the river. Not sure how campervan friendly it is though but saying that its only 0.75miles which is rideable after a few beers 😉
    And if you want to fry your bacon with a cracking view then try SH 74137 67290 but I would not recommend the climb after said beers…. 😉

chevychase

Cheers all 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

Doh wished I’d scrolled down to see summittoppler answer before read the whole route description. It’s beautiful up there whichever route you follow. Have fun.

Vortexracing

You could try on the beach in front of the Aberconwy caravan park. It’s only 5 mins to the start of the Conwy mountain/Drum ride from there

campalumpa
    Free Member

There is a car park on lhs about 100m over the hump back bridge in Llanwrst where you can park, very good curry house in centre of Llanwrst as well although you would need to book.

You can also sleep up in betws in the car park opposte the train station – go to the very last tarmacced car park.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Camper Van in Conwy Valley/Surf Snowdonia’ is closed to new replies.