I’m on the hunt for useful info (lots of pictures) before I embark on the conversion of Molly to an adventure bus!
Molly is a 1995 310d Mercedes with a 2.9 non turbo indirect injection, nice and simple (bit like me)
She has 55000 miles on the clock, She has had four previous owners. Starting life as a builders van in Devon, she was then converted to a Motocross van. Then a farmers van used to pull jet skies down to the coats before the last owners took her on as a slightly rotting project. They repaired her mechanically changing a few bits here and there and took her to festivals, only doing about 1000miles a year.
We bought her a couple of weeks ago, she is going to be our wedding present, and we have asked people to contribute rather than buying us gifts. So over the next few months / years I want to get here converted and set up for bike and general travelling.
My basic plan is to leave the current kitchen in place and concentrate on the bed area to start with, making it into a motor cross style with the bed above the garage.
(I have ordered the Haynes manual already for campervan conversions that is)
Features I would like,
- Double bed part fix/ extendable but not cushions on seating area as she is now
- Seating (away form the drivers seat)
- Garage for up to four bikes (two road and two mtb) with front wheel off only (need to pick materials carefully to make bike proof)
- Wood burner (may be pushing it here)
- More windows (I was thinking boat window as the caravan plastic ones are a bit crummy)
Techy stuff/ Accessories
- Solar panel to charge 12v system leisure battery
- Roof rack / Sun terrace
- Convert to run on Veg oil
- Swivel front seats
- Mini bus seats to bolt in when needed for carrying people
Well the list could go on but….
If anyone has some good advise, contacts, or references please let me know.