Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Camper Build V2
  • twang
    Free Member

I can see me following this thread avidly over the next few months. Layout might fit a sprinter, didnt think it was possible to get a transverse bed in but looking at yours.. I assume thats why you cut the bracing out for the extra width? EDIT; I see you did (must reads words not just look at pictures..)
    You having a shower in there? Bit pricey those combi heaters, any cheaper alternatives you know of?

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Where in the country are you spooky?

spooky_b329

I’m in Sussex.

Twang, if you want a sideways bed (and are not a shortarse) i would reconsider your vehicle choice. The Sprinter is one of the narrower vans…Ducato is considerably wider. The Iveco is in the middle…but due to needing to tow lots of weight i don’t really have a choice… Iveco tows 3500kg, Sprinter does 2800kg (I think) but is narrower and more expensive) and Transit does 2800kg if you get one that was ordered with a specific tow package, but a sideways bed and garage isn’t really possible in them.

Ducato/Relay is worth another look, plus fully galvanised so no rust issues.

trackem123
    Free Member

good luck on your build. you’re in a great progress

twang
    Free Member

Wasn’t planning a transverse just got me wondering really. I’m going for a pull out behind driver seat, worked for me in the Vivaro just need a bit more length (ooer!) to get a shower in there. So you having a shower or just a throne cubicle?

spooky_b329

Just a throne cubicle! It would be too small for a shower, risk of leaks, plus you have all the additional baggage to find space for, larger fresh and waste tanks, water heater, another waste drain.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’m going to add in a mobi washer hose and trigger in the boot. And a weighte shower curtain that will hang between the open rear doors.

That’ll be fed from my fresh tank and onboard pump.

Be good enough for cleaning me up before i get inside 🙂 + bike wash if needed

spooky_b329

I have a hoselok connector and valve under the van and run a normal hosepipe from it, gets used for cooling off sweaty horses and muddy bikes. I’ve got an old dirtworker but never got around to butchering it for the pressure washer parts.

If you keep the Mobi washer complete, you could fill it with a kettle full of water and have a warm shower 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

I don’t have a mobi washer.

I just saw the handle for sale for 30 quid with a shower head attachment . It’s a nice robust handle compared to all the different adjustable hose heads I’ve had over the years an it seems to have been design to not use loads of water 🙂

Warm is over rated 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Camper Build V2’ is closed to new replies.