Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Camper bangernomics – anyone tried it?
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

the crash tested R&R bed

:/

ctk
    Free Member

I agree with trail_rat, if you are going to spend a lot of time and effort it may as well be something decent.

Camping bangernomics for me (before kids) would have been a massive estate car, a tent and an airbed. Actually that’s what it is with kids! Just no option to sleep in car.

AlexSimon

It doesn’t have to be a lot of time and effort though.
    I must have seen 300 vans like this around NZ – usually various ages of Hiace with just a bit of lumbar in the back to make a high bed – then a few containers from The Warehouse.

The benefit of NZ is that pretty much all vans have windows which makes for a nicer interior.

This kind of thing:

If you get one with a lift up tailgate, then you’ve got somewhere to stand in the dry. Again the Jumbo Hiace was good for this because the boot hinged from a higher point.

holmes81
    Free Member

What about having a set of seats for children? All the conversions I’ve seen thus far are for 2 adults.

Guess asides thing to do would be fold seats Dow and put frame over the top of them?

VanHalen

You can get pull tested rock and roll beds with integrated belts for conversions now. I have a reimo as alternatives wernt really available at the time.

AlexSimon

holmes81 – Member

What about having a set of seats for children? All the conversions I’ve seen thus far are for 2 adults.

Guess asides thing to do would be fold seats Dow and put frame over the top of them? Much harder at the banganomics scale of things.
    4 belted seats that convert into 4 beds requires a pop-top or an xlwb van. I’ve been searching for Ducato/Relay/Boxer for under £4k for a few months now and haven’t found anything I’d trust.

Simon

This is my basic camper set up, VW T4 factory kombi, 3 seats up front and 3 quick release in the rear. Van isn’t bangeronomics, (cost me 4k last year) I plan to keep it a while but the bed platforms were cheap and easy to build and are removable.

Single bed platform with room for bike down the side

Double bed platform

holmes81
    Free Member

No biggie, if I ever wen down his route, looks like it’s a bike bloke van 😆

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Pro ‘tog Duncan Philpott has got a pretty great bangernomics van set-up:

If memory serves it’s a Berlingo or similar and the front seat lies flat to extend into a bed, using the flat section behind. He did do a photo montage of it, but can’t find it now.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Camper bangernomics – anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.