Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 184 total)
  • Campaign for more responsible cat ownership.
  • zippykona

Please sign this if you agree.
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/64576Make cat owners responsible

Responsible department: Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Cats owners should be held responsible for anything their cat does whilst roaming. If a cat fouls on someone’s property then the cat owner should be liable to foot any bill for the removal/cleaning of the waste and any deterrent.

If a cat damages any other property then its owner should be liable for those damages.

In addition cat owners who allow their cats to roam should provide by law a place for their cat to litter on their own property, not only indoors but in their own garden if they have one, a littering area.

Property owners should be allowed to take preventative action on their own property to be decided by government.

Cat owners who persistently fail to control their animals should be punished with worsening levels of severity, persistent repeat offenders should not be allowed to own a cat.

jam-bo

persistent repeat offenders should not be allowed to own a cat.

You don’t really ever own a cat….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

While we are at it can we have one about dog owners, and children owners and endless petitions. Thankfully they are not on paper anymore as that would be a complete waste of paper.

khani
    Free Member

Cat owners who persistently fail to control their animals

😆
    Good luck with that..

footflaps

Can we have one about starting pointless petitions online? I’d like that banned as well.

fasthaggis

You are far too early with this thread,come back on April the 1st.

5thElefant
    Free Member

You don’t really ever own a cat….

The cat that cohabits with us just turned up. It pays its way in rabbits and has taught the dog to catch birds though, so it’s quite a responsible cat.

olddog

The solution is obvious – ban ownership of cats. And while we’re at it – rather than legislate for cyclists to get “road tax” and insurance why don’t we just ban cycling.

In fact ban everything that is a irritation to a minority of people – the world will be much better place if everything we do is tightly controlled by regulation, strongly policed and every irritation is criminalised.

oh the utopia where we can rest smugly in our armchairs reading our mid-market tabloids looking out through our lace curtains at streets empty of cats, bikes and noisy children

dan1980
    Free Member

I’ve broken my collarbone and it hurts to laugh. I’m avoiding sites like the daily mash and the Mail to save being in pain. Folk here are generally good with a spoiler tag for sports and film related stuff, can we not have one for funny stuff like this too?

zippykona

Why is the onus on me to clear all the cat shit up, why should I have to buy every electrical gadget to make them try and stop?
    The time to take a realistic approach to fouling has arrived. People don’t have to breathe in other people’s cigarette smoke anymore, dog owners can be fined.
    Just because cat owners have been oblivious to the problems they cause doesn’t mean we have to put up with it anymore.
    Let’s say it’s no longer acceptable and deal with this problem.
    I am aware that cat owners are the most easily riled people on the planet. Take responsibility. Please.
    PS if you don’t agree don’t sign it. Go and start a thread asking for greater powers to let your kids shit in my garden as well.

firestarter
    Free Member

What a load of cat 5hit

footflaps

Let’s say it’s no longer acceptable and deal with this problem.

or lets not…

fasthaggis

I am aware that cat owners are the most easily riled people on the planet

I think you will find it’s the owners of small shops . 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Or Scottish people hell bent on using the pound 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

C.F.M.R.C.O? Doesn’t even spell something rude.

brooess
    Free Member

My theory about cats is that they evolved beyond human beings, realised we’re a bunch of mugs and that if they acted a bit dumb and looked cute, they’d be able to get away with being fed and kept by us without them having to do anything themselves anymore.
    Smart creatures 🙂

fasthaggis

I have just started an E-petition for the size of holes in Swiss cheese to be regulated.

Please sign

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wrong one!

Parents should be required to proactively monitor their child, and it should be a criminal offence to allow an under-16 unrestricted access to the internet, through a personal computer, tablet, mobile phone or any other device capable of doing so.

and as a former under 16 year old boy there is no way I’d be for that one!

zippykona

Haggis, I won’t sign .No problem with the holes it’s the cheese that’s rubbish.

AdamW
    Free Member

I think that in law cats are known as ‘free agents’ or somesuch but dogs are not. Therefore if your dog causes a traffic accident, for example, you are held responsible for it. If your cat does then you are not held responsible.

endurogangster
    Free Member

I might start a petition to have miserable jeb ends who don’t like cats fired in a rocket at the sun!

Keva
    Free Member

CountZero

AdamW – Member
    I think that in law cats are known as ‘free agents’ or somesuch but dogs are not. Therefore if your dog causes a traffic accident, for example, you are held responsible for it. If your cat does then you are not held responsible.

I think the likelyhood of anything other than the cat coming off second-best is highly unlikely.
    What is needed is one of these:
    http://realsentrygun.com
    Good for human interlopers too.

geoffj

I am aware that cat owners are the most easily riled people on the planet.

fasthaggis

Meanwhile in the house next door..

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s much easier just to use a neighbor’s lawn.

zippykona

Just as I feared the reach of The Catterati is long. Any mention of dissent towards our shape shifting overlords and a well oiled machine of outraged cat lovers springs into action.
    We know who you are now and one day in the future when this darkness has been banished from our land a few of us will be able to say , ‘Yes,I was there, I took a stand.”
    ps it’s not my petition, merely one I strongly agree with.

jam-bo

It’s hardly a ‘campaign’ though is it?

It’s a half arsed link to a petition that nobody other than those who signed it will care about….

wiggles
    Free Member

How would you even prove what cat shat on your lawn and who owned it?

Oh sorry, I apologise for trying to apply logic.

skaifan
    Free Member

12 signatures so far. It’s not going well is it?

pedropete

He shouts at the birds that shit on his car & shakes his fist at the aeroplanes too!

benji
    Free Member

Who gets the job of herding them up, sounds like a contract for group4.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Who do I complain to about birds crapping on my car?
    Who’s responsible for foxes pooling in my garden?
    Is the council obliged to clean the trails left by slugs on my patio?

zippykona

12 signatures so far. It’s not going well is it?

Our Lord Jesus Christ also had 12 followers. Also he was mocked and derided by misguided fools.
    But He forgave them as I forgive you.
    They gave Him a crown of thorns you gave me a garden full of shit.

butcher

Please sign this if you agree.

I don’t understand why even the most sour faced individuals would agree with that.

And I don’t even like the evil, feral things!

Cougar

Why is the onus on me to clear all the cat shit up, why should I have to buy every electrical gadget to make them try and stop?

You could consider it Troll Tax?

jamj1974

My cat doesn’t own anything – therefore he has nothing to take responsibility for.

crankboy
    Free Member

God I hate cats with a passion I truly plan murder every time I have to dig their shit out of my veg beds . Unhygienic psychopathic faithless killing machines if they were human they would be in secure units or prison . but there is no way I’d sign that stupid petition . I assume the OP is just having a laugh or Troll.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Get yourself a dog. The cat up the road with half an ear missing won’t be shitting in my garden again anytime soon 😈

vickypea
    Free Member

Nah! Let’s have a petition to ban dogs who bark loudly at cyclists, causing them to fall off their bikes and look like berks in front of a pub garden full of people.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Campaign for more responsible cat ownership.’ is closed to new replies.