Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Campagnolo Zondas
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Need some new wheels in the near future, current back wheel is dead but i spare for the last few weeks of winter.

Needs to be Campagnolo 10spd compatible, anything else worth considering for the same sort of money?

plop_pants
    Free Member

Zondas are great imho. Used them for racing, training, Flanders and Roubaix cobbles. Strong and light plus mine have never had to have a spoke key near them. 10/10!

jbproductions
    Free Member

Fulcrum 3s.. which are more or less the same wheel with different spoke arrangment and stickers. Buy which ever is cheapest or which looks nicest to you. I think the Zondas/Fulcrum 3s are hard to beat for the money.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Campag wheels are great until they go wrong. Proprietary parts are so expensive and can take a while to get hold of. I won’t ever buy wheels again that I can’t walk into any bike shop on not get fixed (almost) instantly. I have learnt the hard way too many times.

mboy
    Free Member

All of the above…

Great wheels that perform above their price point (good value at RRP to be fair, constantly available online for about 35% off which makes them a bargain)…

Until anything goes wrong and you need to fix them or need spares for them! UK spares and backup on them has traditionally been a joke… Probably cos nobody wants to sell them in the first place if they’re available online for 35% off all the time.

To be fair it’s a problem that’s far from exclusive to Fulcrum/Campag though…

andysredmini
    Free Member

Don’t forget the fact that due to the spoke pattern, low spoke count and high tension a single broken spoke can bend a rim past being able to be straightend / trued.

gray

I agree. I had some for about 7 years. Took a Ford Focus driving into the back of me to kill them. I’ve recently bought another set as winter wheels for my new bike.

plop_pants
    Free Member

the only weekness I’ve found with Zondas is the pawl spring on the freehub can snap but other than that, nothing.

mrmo
    Free Member

ok, might as well sort another set then if no one can think of anything markedly better

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got Zonda’s and am a heavy lad and they don’t seem to bother with my weight. A mate of mine who is a good 15kg lighter than me was breaking spokes left right and centre on his Shimano wheels the had a low spoke count so that is my benchmark so i’m impressed so far. At the price I got them for if they last a good few years before they break then replacing them would still be a cost effective option. They’re not expensive wheels in the grand scheme of things. Worth a punt.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve got similar issues. Either need new rims or new wheels.

Looking at Hunt Wheels, Zondas, Racing 3 or even the cheaper Shimano c24

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Campagnolo Zondas’ is closed to new replies.