Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Campagnolo equipped cross bike with discs?
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Has anyone built up a 135mm cross bike with discs (Mine will most likely be a Kinesis Pro 6)? I’m struggling to find some decent hubs which will come fitted with a Campagnolo 10spd free hub.

Anyone found a reasonably priced solution?

Ian

mboy
    Free Member

Hope

You can get any of their hubs with either a Shimano or Campag freehub by choice. You’ll probably have to get your local Hope dealer to order you one rather than just buy online, but Hope are very accomodating with this sort of thing anyway.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Hope

Thanks, will take a look.

I had hoped to be able to use DT Swiss but all the suppliers that I can find want me to buy a hub with Shimano free hub and a separate Campag free hub for £45 and swap them over.

Anyone use Nova Tech?

Ian

mboy
    Free Member

I had hoped to be able to use DT Swiss but all the suppliers that I can find want me to buy a hub with Shimano free hub and a separate Campag free hub for £45 and swap them over.

That’s cos DT Swiss don’t offer a disc hub with the Campag freehub fitted. It will work, but any dealer will be left over with a Shimano DT Freehub to have to move on.

The flipside is that Shimano DT freehubs seem to fetch good money on ebay for new/nearly new, and Campag freehubs almost fetch nothing in my experience! You might be quids in if you did it yourself that way…

Novatec hubs aren’t that great IMO. Light and work well for a while, but freehubs can fail prematurely and they aren’t anything like as well built/designed as Hope/DT etc. If you’re spending the money on Campag running gear on this bike, I’d not skimp on the hubs myself!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Maybe a bit old but some DT hubs were desperately expensive to rebuild, especially the freehub. At least you could though not like bloody shimano.
    Hope sound like a big of nails.
    Novatec have good rep for lasting as well as anything.
    Another alternative is use a cassette that has Shimano splines and Campag . I do but then Campag Spec disc hubs were much less of an option when I built the bike.

stoffel
    Free Member

I wish you could get mtb components with the quality of older Campag stuff. Th only thing that came close was Shimano XTR M900. Since then, quality has gone downhill, in favour of gimmickry.

faustus

I have a disc road/cx bike equipped with campag transmission. The easiest solution is to get an Ambrosio cassette, which has shimano freehub fitment but with campag spacing. You can then use any 135mm hub. Mine has been great, good shifting and longevity. Plenty of choice for different ranges too.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’m struggling to find some decent hubs which will come fitted with a Campagnolo 10spd free hub.

If it makes a difference at all, campag hubs work with 9/10/11 speed. But by the sounds of it a free hub swap and ebay job might be your best bet.

mattsccm
    Free Member

My Ambrosios work fine although I did get an American Classic that was lighter. Haven’t found anything bigger than A 28 if that’s what you need.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Campagnolo equipped cross bike with discs?’ is closed to new replies.