Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Campagnolo corkscrew
  • brockwellenzo
    Free Member

Looking for a 60th birthday present for my uncle and like the look of the Campagnolo Big Corkscrew, do not however like the look of the price. Do they offer a ‘small’ version at a ‘small’ price, or has anybody got any ideas for an alternative 60th-nice to have-not necessarily entirely functional-present?

houndlegs
    Free Member

Bought someone a newspaper from their birth date once, unusual novel gift, they were chuffed with it.

Welcome

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Tungsten spinning top, power kite or ceramic poppy.

brockwellenzo
    Free Member

apologies, should have added cycling based…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Park Tools pizza cutter and aN Abbey Bike tools Crombie cassette tool.

shermer75
    Free Member

Vintage Wades Cycles calendar

mrmo
    Free Member

If you like the cork screw idea google Campgnolo miro. I believe it is no longer made but you may be lucky.

gobuchul
    Free Member
    geetee1972
    Free Member

Wine’s most useless accessroy is made even more useless but the majority of wines now not having corks.

13thfloormonk

Right, because people drink wine because it’s ‘useful’ 8) If you’re willing to pay for bottles of rotten grape juice then all concepts of ‘usefulness’ and ‘practicality’ are surely out of the window.

Same could probably be said of Campag ownership but I’ve not yet had that pleasure 😀

The Campag corkscrew is a thing of beauty, I got my dad one for his 60th and have been eyeing it enviously ever since. If you can scrape the money together then get it and don’t listen to the kill joys.

yamyamblade
    Free Member

Treated myself other year after a breakdown in long term relationship and being made redundant at same time so thought sod it, found one on ebay for a little bit less than RRP… it really is a thing of beauty and one good thing that came out of that crap time in my life.

trail_rat
    Free Member

My wife bought one of the BIG ones for my 30th.

Barring theft i have no reason to believe it wont still be in the house when im 60.

Its a work of art and opens bottles effortlessly. When you get your hands on it you will apreciate the quality of manufacture – zero slop in any of the mechanism and the cork retracting to be held in place for removal from the cork screw afterwords is ace …. I guess its similar to some of you lot getting excited about the build quality of VW cars really.

majority of wines now not having corks.

Where is this majority ? Homebargains ? I look around tesco/asda/mangole/shoprite and corks still seem to have the lions share once you step away from the vinegar.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Campagnolo corkscrew’ is closed to new replies.