Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Campag power shift front shifter down shift question
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I have just replaced my broken centaur ultra shift shifters as one broke and rather than pay £60 for just a replacement body I went with a pair of Veloce power shift shifters and switched the brake levers over. The question I have relates to the front shifter. It has the nice trim option on the up shift, but on the down shift it’s just one almighty click and the front mech shifts right over. I would have expected the same trim mechanism on the way down as well?

mrmo
    Free Member

no trim on mine, never missed it either

flanagaj
    Free Member

no trim on mine, never missed it either

Ok, thanks. I always found the down trim useful, especially, when on the big ring and moving up the rear cassette, a small notch down on the front to stop rubbing. Now, I supose you have to drown the front down and go back up on the front.

otsdr
    Free Member

Maybe it’s their way of saying “don’t ride big-big”, you’ll get the same ratios with the small ring and smaller cogs.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Maybe it’s their way of saying “don’t ride big-big”, you’ll get the same ratios with the small ring and smaller cogs.

That is a fair point. “Big, big” is a lazy way to ride.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Campag power shift front shifter down shift question’ is closed to new replies.