Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Campag CXCranks – Anyone use these / any feedback
  • binno
    Free Member

Considering a pair of the Cx campy cranks. Little no experience with campy other than the 14mm allen key and stupid crank puller tool needed to remove the arms.

Any owners out there will ing to share their views o performance, bearing life etc…?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

A friends site if you want to run it through some type of Google translate from Swedish:
    http://www.bjornfredriksson.se/p/reglage.html

Basically odd sized ring for true CX racing, but I imagine perfect for gravel grinding.

He also had issues running a 1 * set up, (using Record not the CX ones), as the BCD meant the single ring couldn’t be bigger than 40T on his Ridley.

john_l
    Free Member

Power Torque is a complete pita.

therevokid
    Free Member

yeh, you only need “special tools” for that god awful idea
    that is power torque !

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Agree, Ultra Torque is the way to go with Campy

solarider
    Free Member

The simple answer is that they work wonderfully well. I have run Campagnolo on my CX bikes for years.

The only PITA is that they don’t run Ultra Torque. This does mean extra hassle for servicing.

But I do have a set of Fulcrum RS cranks (Ultra Torque) fitted with genuine Campagnolo 11 speed 46/36 chainrings (will also work happily with 10 speed). Same as Record level.

Lovely cranks.

And up for sale! Barely used (literally 40 miles) since I went for the new 4 arm chainset instead. Ultra Torque is definitely superior to Campagnolo’s other standards. Easier to work with but more expensive to produce, hence restricted to their higher end stuff.

£120 posted if you are interested.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Campag CXCranks – Anyone use these / any feedback’ is closed to new replies.