• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dobo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • campag brake cable…
  • dobo
    Free Member

Can i use any brake cable with campag veloce 10 speed road shifters? or does it need to be campag?
    they will be paired up to canti or mini v depending on which prooves to be best on my CX.
    I have shimano sp41 gear cable outer but doubt that will fit the brake cable? so need some outer aswell. cheap.

tom200

Campag ones are very good, but £45 for a full set. Try a cheap one and if it’s rubbish fork out for the campag.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Just make sure you use campy comparable inner cables as not all will fit

Personal I use campys own inner as they are cheap enough and some jag wire outer

LardLover
    Free Member

As long as it has a ‘T’ shaped nipple then any cable will work. I have Goodridge inner cables on my bikes (cheap from CRC).

orangeboy
    Free Member

campy brake cables have a smaller nipple on the end than shimano / SRAM

If you fit the large one the brakes will work but can make future cable changes a right pain if the larger cable get stuck I the ergo

dobo
    Free Member

thanks orangeboy, thought id also do a google on the campy cable size and seems the end size is an issue as smaller on campy.
    looks like the cable is cheap enough so in theory any brake cable outer should work. shouldnt need much for the front and might have some knocking about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘campag brake cable…’ is closed to new replies.