Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Camp site that allows groups 10-12 people.
  • marcfoy89
    Free Member

I am looking for a campsite that will allow a group of up to 12 people over the August bank holiday weekend. I seem to be having a really hard time! With not one saying they will take groups. The group is mainly couples, we are from the Blackburn area, and have been looking in the Lake District and North Wales (Snowdonia) But will consider anywhere within about an hour and half drive of Blackburn. Any help would be really appreciated. Marc.

scotroutes

Grizedale Farm/Bowkerstead might take you.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Book in individually……

But statistically you will be noisier than a single couple and campsites that are noisy are not received well.

postierich
    Free Member

Coniston Old Hallwill take anyone no matter the size

rudebwoy
    Free Member

rhosneigr campsite will defo

marcfoy89
    Free Member

postierich. i have tried ringing them to book but no answer?

marcfoy89
    Free Member

rudebwoy. where is this campsite you mentioned?

Pyro

For North Wales, try Ty Isaf just outside of Bala.

Cougar

Book in individually……

This.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Shell Island is probably your best bet. its a vast site, and you can head off into the dunes and keep away from others: the site is about 300 acres for camping.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

or there is http://www.beechwoodparkleisure.co.uk/camping.html near derby.

we used to go there as a group of about 20-30 people – there was a “rally” paddock that they’d let us use that was away from the main campsite, but still close to the toilet block.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

bodfan farm ,middle of the village, plenty of space and only has tents , another site that would suit your needs is in morfa nefyn , with a ten minute walk to the infamous ty coch pub on the beach ……..

bensales
    Free Member

I can understand where the OP is coming from having tried to book large groups into campsites before.

But this is becoming an awesome list of campsites to avoid as well 🙂

rudebwoy
    Free Member

the two ive given are not places where all night rowdy stuff is not tolerated, but equally , they accept some noise and it’s about being considerate , the only one i know where anything goes and is a potential hot spot at this time of year is the shell island one near harlech , however some people like that sort of thing !

ElShalimo

Holme Farm, Horton in Ribblesdale

rudebwoy
    Free Member

marc , we often go these places with twenty or more of us , adults , kids , dogs , no problems, don’t even book , we just show up , as they have large fields to camp in ….

welshfarmer

If you want to come to the Brecon Beacons I can sort you out a campsite no problem

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Holme Farm, Horton in Ribblesdale

Is that the campsite where the owner joins in some fictitious party and plays hardcore techo from his gazebo into the late evening?. I’ve had friends pack up and leave rather than endure his taste in music that he appears to think is what every customer wants to listen to.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

It’s probably too far as it’s in Pembrokeshire but Celtic-camping is good. They have bunk houses too if the weather gets shitty.

slowoldman

But this is becoming an awesome list of campsites to avoid as well

Yes I’m taking notes.

jekkyl

What an offer from Welsh farmer, this forum rules.

slowoldman

You’ll have to shear the sheep and mow the field first though.

aracer
    Free Member

Cae Gwyn just down the road from Coed Y Brenin – camped there with a group about that size, I think they have a specific field for groups they sent us to so you don’t bother other campers. Not that being rowdy is a requirement of camping with a group – we were up fairly late drinking beer, but I’m fairly sure we weren’t making much noise.

Also Gwern Gof Uchaf – camped there with a group of about 10 last bank holiday weekend, though they don’t take bookings you just turn up.

ElShalimo

B.A.Nana – Member
    Is that the campsite where the owner joins in some fictitious party and plays hardcore techo from his gazebo into the late evening?. I’ve had friends pack up and leave rather than endure his taste in music that he appears to think is what every customer wants to listen to.

It used to be like that. I was up there with some friends about 6 weeks ago and there was no loud music from the marquee. It was good to see the old fella still there as he’d not been well recently.

13thfloormonk

we were up fairly late drinking beer, but I’m fairly sure we weren’t making much noise

That sounds like us for most of university. Our poor, poor neighbours… 😳

marcfoy89
    Free Member

Wow thanks guy’s! Got somewhere sorted now. But i will definitely keep these in mind for future trip.

TheBrick
    Free Member

we were up fairly late drinking beer, but I’m fairly sure we weren’t making much noise

That the thing it always feels like you are being quiet but the zero sounds insulation of tents means any noise travels well and music from car stereos is the worst.

Back to the op. If it was North Devon I could point you in the right direction but no helpfor your situation unfortunately.

aracer
    Free Member

We didn’t have any music on and were sitting outside, so I wasn’t assuming any sound insulation. Talking quietly rather than lots of drunken shouting (a few beers rather than drunk). Sure we might have made more noise than I thought, but it certainly wasn’t as bad as you might expect from a group – as I suggested being drunk and playing music isn’t a requirement for groups.

Cougar

Beer = volume I’m afriad.

We were “talking quietly” in the quadrant of a hotel on a staff do recently, and got asked to move inside by the staff due to numerous complaints. We weren’t being shouty, just tipsy loud. And the bigger the group the more the noise as everyone tries to hold separate conversations over everyone else.

dantsw13

Never camp without earplugs!!

Cougar

Indeed.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Camp site that allows groups 10-12 people.’ is closed to new replies.