• This topic has 27 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benji.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Camouflage cycling kit.
  • pinetree
    Free Member

There are no words…

For those of you wondering, I was having a discussion earlier about camo cycling kit, how it that it has never looked good. Was looking for an example, when these belters popped up.

tootallpaul

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

🙁

zinaru
    Free Member

surely they are back to front?

nikk
    Free Member

I think they are designed for uses other than cycling.

ernie67

Off topic ( thank god !) – but can someone please explain to me why fishermen wear camo gear … i just don’t get it ?

fadda

Because then they look like ARMY fishermen, of course!

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Because fish have eyes and will be frightened away if the see a bloke trying to catch them?

willard

Yeah, it’s a bluff, I mean, when was the last time you saw a tree catching fish??? See, look like a tree, catch fish.

As for the shorts… Dufuq?

ernie67

But they’re sat at the side of the bank ,so what difference is camo gear going to make ( unless i’m underestimating the eyesight of your average fish )?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

new shorts for getting bummed by the UCI

devash
    Free Member

I think they’re meant to be for a different form of “bike riding”.

nach
    Free Member

That’s a different kind of biathlon.

Sandwich

Pass the mind bleach and a scrubbing brush. 😯

medoramas
    Free Member

Why the **** did I click on that link???? 😯

LoCo
    Free Member

😯 didn’t need or want to see that 😯

pictonroad

WARNING

If you’re at work you might not want to click that link.

(tbh, if you’re anywhere you might want to think twice…)

cookeaa

I think they are designed for uses other than cycling.

Bicycle parking?

But they’re sat at the side of the bank ,so what difference is camo gear going to make ( unless I’m underestimating the eyesight of your average fish )?

We have loads of “Sport fishing” round our way, lots of dour looking middle-aged men escaping their (clearly horrible) wives with a wheelbarrow full of “Gear” sat by a flooded gravel pit.
    All of it is either Olive green or DPM, I think it basically comes down to the cheapest, most plentiful source for outdoor kit bing a surplus stores.
    I much prefer to think they are trying to outwit fish, or be absolutely certain their missus can’t find them…

Having said that they may well be sporting the OP’s linked outfit underneath, could “Angling” be the new “Cottaging”?

Esme
    Free Member

At least the company offers “Buyer Protection” 😯

Northwind

cookeaa – Member

I think it basically comes down to the cheapest, most plentiful source for outdoor kit bing a surplus stores.

Aye, exactly that. And military kit tends to have millions of pockets and that as well. Practical and inexpensive.

honourablegeorge

I’ve never seen anyone in the forest wearing camo riding kit.

Sam

Well you wouldn’t would you?

medoramas
    Free Member

That means it works well then!

samunkim
    Free Member

FWIW

When building sneaky woodland trails I am often amazed, how people can walk by oblivious within a few ft of where I am stood, in my ex-army gore-tex jeans..

Even had a Deer and Fawn walk past last autumn and family of badgers last spring

So its kinda worth it and defo makes me wear a high-vis jacket over the top when cycling on the roads home

Northwind

If you want to hide in plain sight, try an official looking green softshell/hiviz vest/workie trousers combo. Only downside is people keep asking you for directions, but nobody’ll ever question why you’re digging a grave in the woods.

Did I say grave? I meant jump.

mcj78
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, that’s put me right off my breakfast.

Eye bleach, please, waiter!

johnnystorm

Cheapest kit for Anglers? Look in Go Outdoors! It’s all realtree knockoffs. So when you’re hoiking a tench out of the canal you can feel a bond with a yank stalking an elk with a mega compound bow as you’re both hunters. Raaaawwwr!

/see race rep kit on us. 😉

benji
    Free Member

Camouflage for fishing, puzzles me, the match men wear bright colours and catch plenty, yet the bivvy dwellers dress up in camouflage and then make plenty of noise, camouflage doesn’t work when you are in silhouette.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Camouflage cycling kit.’ is closed to new replies.