Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Camerons Yorkshire gaff
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Does he have a point 😉

binners

Yes.

Drac

He has a house in Yorkshire?

scaredypants

That’s not Cameron, Binners – it’s our next Prime Minister

spawnofyorkshire

The prime minister said: “I’ve been absolved by two of the greatest living Yorkshiremen; Geoffrey [Boycott] and Dickie Bird both agreed it was a joke.”

50% accurate from Call Me Dave

molgrips
    Free Member

Gaffe?

crankboy
    Free Member

“UK Prime Minister David Cameron has been heard saying Yorkshire people “hate each other”, while rehearsing a speech.

Wearing a microphone but not on camera, he was thought to be rehearsing an answer to a question on devolution.

Ahead of a speech in Leeds, he said: “We just thought people in Yorkshire hated everyone else, we didn’t realise they hated each other so much.”

It is not known whether Mr Cameron was making a joke and Downing Street has refused to comment.”

crankboy
    Free Member

pigface the answer to your question is no.

lunge

Person makes silly, throwaway comment that gets taken out of all proportion. Next, move on, nothing to see here.

spawnofyorkshire

A former colleague of mine (Irish) turned to me one day in the office and piped up with
    “You f***ers from Yorkshire. This place is just filled with towns that hate each other. But anyone from outside Yorkshire slags off a town you hate you act like it’s the best place on earth. That’s just f***ing weird”

There might be a teensy little bit of truth in what he said

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Many a true word said in jest

But what does Micheal Parkinson say on the subject?

scaredypants

“You f***ers from Yorkshire. This place is just filled with towns that hate each other. But anyone from outside Yorkshire slags off a town you hate you act like it’s the best place on earth. That’s just f***ing weird”

(Irish)

😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

We’ve gone far too PC. It was meant as a joke.

martinhutch

He’s spot on!

SaxonRider

Jeez, technology has made it hard to be human. I dislike Cameron as much as the next guy, but really? And I felt sorry for Gordon Brown as well when he got caught calling that woman a ‘bigot’. In neither case are the men in question saying anything horrible; they’re just making observations – funny or not.

The Ashley Madison hack made me realise how almost anything we do – innocent or not – is now vulnerable to broadcast, and it is a form of collectively-imposed thought control.

martinhutch
    TheSanityAssassin

The posh Tory **** can go **** himself.
    The sooner we gain independence, the better.

konabunny
    Free Member

It could be worse: you could get caught joking the other people at your meeting are all going to lose their homes to global warming anyway: http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/immigration-minister-peter-dutton-caught-joking-about-the-effect-of-climate-change-on-pacific-islands-20150911-gjkf0z.html

(Fwiw the govt of Kiribati has made plans to relocate its entire population). “lol”

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Camerons Yorkshire gaff’ is closed to new replies.