Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • #CameronMustGo
  • kimbers

4 days top trending hash tag now

I understand it started as a labour viral campaign
    Now seems to be a sustained attack on government policy, although the daily telegraph called it bullying 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Twitter. Is that how people do something about the government these days? Viva la Revolucion

kimbers

Its definitely in sync with the Russell Brand style of revolution, yoof of today eh !
    You can’t deny its influence though just ask Emily Thornberry

molgrips
    Free Member

Better twitter than rioting or an armed coup d’etat, don’t you think?

jambalaya
    Free Member

We have a General Election in 5 months, that’s democracy.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Depends, my DVD player is knackered…

muddy_bum
    Free Member

I bet there’s an online petition to get rid of him as well.
    Surely the way to get rid is to vote for someone else? (Not that there’s a great choice.)

aracer
    Free Member

#WallaceForPM

or is it

#BorisForPM

willard

#BinnersForPM

Stoner
    Free Member

#save_ed_miliband!

nealglover
    Free Member

You can’t deny its influence though just ask Emily Thornberry

It’s not the influence of Twitter that cost her the job.

That’s like blaming the influence of hammers for a rise in brutal murders.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

We have a General Election in 5 months, that’s democracy.

Erm, that’s the point of attacking the coalition government’s record !

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/nov/24/cameronmustgo-twitter-users-decry-david-camerons-record

McHamish
    Free Member

Finally we get a say in who runs our country!

I’ve waited a long time to be able to take action and influence who get’s into Downing Street.

We really need to get this viral…then everyone can sign a petition or something, or mark a card maybe, and actually choose who’s in and who’s out.

The party that gets the most can run the country!

If enough people get behind this we could get someone like Peter Snow to present a live programme on the BBC with elaborate computer graphics on who’s in the lead.

Power to the people at last!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its definitely in sync with the Russell Brand style of revolutionself promotion,

Fixed it for you 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ernie I wonder what portion of those re-tweeting this will actually vote. If they listen to Brand they won’t bother. No democracy in whining about stuff and then not voting

noteeth
    Free Member
    footflaps

That’s like blaming the influence of hammers for a rise in brutal murders.

You might just be on to something there!

#ban_all_hammers

duntstick
    Free Member

It’s not the hammers fault, crime is down in East London

Junkyard
    Free Member

#ban_all_banhammers

Better twitter than rioting or an armed coup d’etat, don’t you think?

Depends on
    1. Whether you want change or not
    2. how middle class you are

FWIW i think there may be something effective between those options as well.
    Osborne does look pretty confused/out of it but I cannot see any Hookers so he may be in the mend.

julianwilson
    Free Member

The party that gets the most a slighly-less crap-than-the-others minority of what is already a rather depressing voter turnout can run the country act like they won by a landslide and bin or u-turn on various manifesto promises within less than a year of being elected, before legislating against lobbying by charities and launching a war on basically everyone who didn’t vote for them in order to sidestep the mistakes and financial misseeds of their party donors!

Fify

MoreCashThanDash

Lets hope all those pushing this online get off their backsides and vote to get him out in May then – that is how it is done in this country at the moment, whether we like it or not.

MSP

It is more “real” than the politics presented in traditional media.

Lets hope all those pushing this online get off their backsides and vote how news international tell them to in May then – that is how it is done in this country at the moment, whether we like it or not.

molgrips
    Free Member

Depends on
    1. Whether you want change or not
    2. how middle class you are

3. if you own a business, property or car in the riot zone

Twitter is the ideal tool to mobilise the vote, and that’s the best way to get rid of a politician.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Lets hope all those pushing this online get off their backsides and vote how news international tell them to in May then – that is how it is done in this country at the moment, whether we like it or not.

This has truth in it!! Thing is, who the hell do you actually vote for?? They are all arseholes fulfilling their own greedy needs and sorting out their own gains.

Protest vote!!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

The people most likely to be affected by this campaign are probably mostly not current voters. Bear in mind the likes of Cameron win by around 10% of the electorate when another 30-40% don’t even turn out.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Twitter is the ideal tool to mobilise the vote,

Course it is all those non voters are definitely massive tweeters and heavily influenced by social media

beyond the odd scalp twitter campaigns will do nothing compared to what direct action has and could achieve. FWIW voting would be direct action tweetign would be moaning

kimbers

if its the younger demographic getting engaged in politics thats not a bad thing

average daily mail reader: 58 yrs old

average twitter user: 26 years old

whether that translates into people voting I have no idea

2010 turnout by age
    age … C L LD turnout
    18-24 30 31 30 44%
    25-34 35 30 29 55%
    35-44 34 31 26 66%
    45-54 34 28 26 69%
    55-64 38 28 23 73%
    65+ .. 44 31 16 76%

mefty
    Free Member

It is a bit like a religion thread on here, rather than atheists taking to themselves, it’s lefties talking to themselves and luxuriating in that wonderful glow of self-satisfaction that they are achieving something. Meanwhile in the real world …

cinnamon_girl

If only I could remember my Twitter account details! Definitely a protest vote.

Lummox

#kickthelyingpensionsmashingscumoutbeforetheydestroythefireservice

#hoop

project
    Free Member

Cant think of one ting camerroooon has done for the benefit of uk plc, but one thing he could do now for the benefit of uk plc is to RESIGN.

DezB
    Free Member

It should be called bleating not tweeting, cos they are all just sheep.

aracer
    Free Member

Interesting. #BorisForPM is your desired result then?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Go where?

project
    Free Member

Interesting. #BorisForPM is your desired result then?

at least he rides a bike,looks daft, acts thick sometimes, has a laugh, but has absolutely no chance of winning an election

kimbers

Dezb ……. closer to daily mail avg than twitter avg 😉

Tbf twitter is often a big circle jerk of likeinded wingers, but then this is stw…..

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Now, I’m no fan of Cameron, the Conservatives, or the coalition, but can someone explain to me what this person’s logic is?

Surely the graph is showing the opposite of what the twitterer is saying – it seems to be showing that the ‘austerity’ plan is working, unless they thought the debt line should turn on a sixpence and start going down within moments of election day?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Go where?

Tuscany, probably, again.

ratherbeintobago

at least he rides a bike,looks daft, acts thick sometimes, has a laugh, but has absolutely no chance of winning an election

This would be the elected Mayor of London?

FWIW I think we’re in for another hung parliament, and I can’t see the LDs rushing into another coalition if they’re not obliterated. Much as though the Tories are unpopular (having pulled stunts like a top-down reorganisation of the NHS having been elected on a mandate of… not having another top-down reorganisation of the NHS, not to mention basic competence issues) the current Labour front bench are worse, lurch from disaster to disaster and anyone with any talent in the PLP is keeping their head down for a leadership bid post-election.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s all very well saying CMD must go, but think of the alternatives

Tory minority/coalition – Osbourne or May supported by a lib dem or God forbid UKIP. Hard to imagine anything worse and then you remember the alternative

Labour minority/coalition – EDx2, Yvette or Rache, Alexander or the self-appointed peoples choice of Burnham combined with uncle Vince screwing up the finances

Hard to imagine which is worse.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘#CameronMustGo’ is closed to new replies.