Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Camera retailers again – LCE or Jessops?
  • Looking at a Sony A77 II & 16-50mm f2.8 bundle.

Both retailers have £100 off, but LCE are offering an additional years free warranty. Based on this LCE seems the obvious choice.

Any other reason to choose one over the other?

burgatedicky

Personally LCE every time!
    Jessops have no stores near me at all (think 60miles away) so all problems would need to go via email.
    Also every member of LCE staff I’ve ever spoken to seems to know their stuff, far more so than Jessops. I’ve always been impressed with the quality of advice, which is sometimes NOT to buy something. Maybe I’ve just been lucky with my LCE experiences but unless Jessops were hugely cheaper I don’t think I’d shop there preferentially.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Sony don’t have the best reputation with honouring what everyone else would reasonably regard as a warranty issue. I’ve had first hand experience of this and have read many stories that mirror that experience. Sony contract out their warranty support to a third party in the UK and it feels like that company is paid on performance, where performance is wriggling out of honouring a claim.

On that basis, I would make a choice about the retailer that is easiest to deal with and not let the warranty necessarily sway my decision too much.

I’ve got around 15,000 shutter clicks on my 5yr old A55 and not had any issues – that’s not to say I won’t with another model.

No idea who performs better on that front between the 2 – will try and research – burgatecdicky seems to have preferable views on LCE though. I’ve used Jesspos a couple of times (A55 & RX100 IV), but never had cause to take anything back

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Camera retailers again – LCE or Jessops?’ is closed to new replies.