Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Camera Panniers
  • andyfla
    Free Member

Evening, my niece is a pro photographer and wants to use her bike around London- she does so at the moment using a rucksack but wants panniers as the amount of kit she is carrying is getting silly

I was thinking along the lines of Ortleib Backrollers (for the waterproofing) with a fit specific camera rucksack inside that she can pull out and use to carry the camera around.

Any ideas anyone ?

andyfla
    Free Member

Anyone ?

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Not panniers as such, but I’ve got a topeak rack and rack-top bag for my sjcam batteries and accessories.

I’ll try to find the link, but I found a waterproof/ shockproof container with dividers that fits inside the rack-bag perfectly.

It’s easy to unclip the bag and sling it over your shoulder should you go walkabouts and less likely to bash it on bollards.

andyfla
    Free Member

Any ideas would be great as she just wants to to get it off her back , but still needs to be able to walk around with it

andyfla
    Free Member

final bump for the work crowd

GregMay
    Free Member

None that I’m aware of, but you could look at something like an F-Stop ICU (http://shop.fstopgear.com/us/product/icu.html) or EVOL camera bloc that could slot into one.

Be aware, F-stop are going through issues so getting stuff into your hands may be an issue – last time I checked Paramo had some of their ICUs in their webshop.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I always dropped my DSLR backpack into an open pannier. Clumsy option maybe yet takes the weight off yr back and is arguably as fast to access camera by removing rucksack from pannier as it would be to remove the rucksack from shoulders.

This (modding a camera-bag to become bar-bag) has methinking tho:

http://www.bikepacking.com/gear/crumpler-kashgar-camera-bag-turned-handlebar-bag/

andyfla
    Free Member

cheers all

Malvern Rider
    Free Member
    andyfla
    Free Member

cheers, unfortunately not big enough for the pro kit she needs to carry, multiple lenses, flashes, etc – good idea for a back rack though

I always dropped my DSLR backpack into an open pannier. Clumsy option maybe yet takes the weight off yr back and is arguably as fast to access camera by removing rucksack from pannier as it would be to remove the rucksack from shoulders.

I was hoping someone would have designed a bag that would do exactly that, but be designed to fit into a pannier eg the backroller. I shall continue looking as I cant believe they don’t exist in Holland or Germany

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Camera Panniers’ is closed to new replies.