Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • camera mounts for on and off the bike, 1 do-it-all solution?
  • DickBarton

Looking for a bit of advice…I’ve got 2 Drift Hd helmet cams, my riding ability is grim and as yet I’ve not come up with an idea for a film so it is basically helmet mounted stuff and that gets boring pretty quick at the speeds I travel at. So I’m thinking of a couple of mounts that can allow the camera to be mounted on the bike but also quickly mounted to branches and the like.

For those with experience with pov cams, what would you recommend? I was thinking a couple of gorilla pod thingies but not sure if they are the best? Needs to be light, adaptable and preferably cheap. Thinking 2 as I’ve got the 2 cameras so perhaps 1 on the bike and the other set up in trees.Just looking for a bit of steer before I go and spend some cash and discover it is mince.

molgrips
    Free Member

Has anyone tried using two cameras to get stereoscopic footage yet?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m going to have a play at mounting my Drift onto the swingarm and point it backwards to get some different footage. I have a helmet mount and the shoulder harness so in theory can catch several different angles.

You can buy bean bag mounts with a standard 6mm screw that are pretty cheap, probably your best bet for sitting the camera on odd surfaces etc.

It will still be dull cos I’m slow and rubbish but its mainly for my own amusement anyway 🙂

DickBarton

Molgrips have thought of that but not convinced I’d get it sorted…would need to get the angles spot on to make sure they matched…

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah but you could stick them to the same flat plate of metal.

Then take each video, make one red and one blue in your video editor of choice, super-impose them and stick some red/blue glasses on. Instant 3D video 🙂

You could experiment with using the cameras further apart than normal eyes, it’d make everything look really small.. maybe..!

DickBarton

GoPro does free software that can do 3d…they also do a 2 case mount to allow you to create the raw footage. I could do that with my units but would need to get the angles spot on…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘camera mounts for on and off the bike, 1 do-it-all solution?’ is closed to new replies.