Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Camera bargain??????
  • wrightyson
    Free Member
    BillMC

I got a Tz7 a couple of weeks ago for c£220 and am well pleased with it. Go for it but make sure you buy a pouch for it (£8 on ebay).

falkirk-mark

Cheers have reserved one for pickup, pity it took half an hour to do it.Cracking camera for the money though, have been looking at the lumix for a while now

wrightyson
    Free Member

That's two of us who've bought one then. Always liked the look of the lumix brand and quality lens as well! Happy snapping! 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Cracking camera. Hope they are not sold out before payday.

Earl
    Free Member

Whats the low light performance like? Or should I wait for the for the Fuji F80 ERX

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i've got a tz5, great camera. Low-light isn't that great, prob get a different camera if you want to do that stuff (though its got a few long exposure modes) but for everything else its perfect. feels very sturdy too.

user-removed
    Free Member

Does look nice but I'm a bit concerned about the lack of a Manual / shutter speed / apperture mode – or are they just called something else?

Crell
    Free Member

Does look nice but I'm a bit concerned about the lack of a Manual / shutter speed / apperture mode – or are they just called something else?

They're on the one replacing it… Bargain compact though.

user-removed
    Free Member

Right enough, so they are – cheers for the linky. Couldn't manage without those… Well, I could if the exposure compensation wasn't buried deep in a sub menu, which is the case with my current compact (Pentax Optio). It does have M, AV and SP modes but they're very, very limited.

falkirk-mark

Result went up this morning with the Mrs and she paid for it (early birthday present).Even went for the 3 year warranty for £30 as it covers accidental damage (wouldn't normally bother but this will go mountain biking with me).Have already taken a couple of photos and this is far better than my old samsung.Cheers for the heads up again wrightyson

BruceM
    Free Member

Cheers for this, going to get one for my gf:)

dickydutch

Just collected mine in Newcastle. Almost bought this camera 2 months ago at 180 quid. Many thanks for the heads up!! That 25 quid deal theyre also doing (4gb SD card and case) aint such a good deal. 4gb memory card – 6 quid on amazon. Hard case on ebay – 6 quid. Half the currys price!!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Glad it's helped a few of you out. Just finishing off at work and off to pick mine up! Oh and read a review somewhere last night by some camera buff and he really rated it, he also said low light was good, and the shutter lag time was excellent, which is a definate requirement when taking pics of your mates falling off or my fast moving kids who always seemed to turn away or be out of shot on my old camera. 🙂

z1ppy

cheers for the heads-up, needed somthing and this seems to fit the bill nicely, liked the 3 year cover here too.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Camera is quality! From the lens to the LCD! Looking forward to giving it a proper run out on our hols next week. Oh and don't mean to sound like a tight arse but the warranty is a bit of a con! It won't replace that camera according to my store. It just replaces it with something to the value of 150, which is what you paid. So as soon as the deal finishes you could have a battle getting something of the same quality!! Robbing fookers!!!

z1ppy

I could live with that, at least it's £150 off a replacement unit, especially as I even specifically mentioned it getting wet & damaged whilst mtb'ing the saleman was unfazed & said it would be covered (we'll see).

molgrips
    Free Member

Robbing fookers!!!

Never ever ever get the shop warranties. They are crap and you could do a load better on your home contents insurance for a fraction of the cost. Just imagine the cost if everything in your house had the warranty on it – probably many times the cost of a home insurance policy (and its excess) and would only last a few years. And the cover's crap.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Camera bargain??????’ is closed to new replies.