Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Camelbak valves. Invented by Satan?
  • crikey
    Free Member

I’ve had 5 different valves.
    I’ve had a plain bite valve on the end of the tube.
    I’ve had a pull to open valve plus bite valve.
    I’ve had a right angle with little yellow switch offy thing.

They all JEFFING LEAK.

THEY DRIP ALL THE STUPID TIME, AND I GET SLOWLY COVERED IN WHATEVER FLUID THE BLOODY THING HAS IN.

I’m sick to death of going out on a nice sunny day and ending up with my left hand side feeling like it’s been ejaculated on by a bloody bull.

…and they’re a dear do.

clubber
    Free Member

It’s you. I’ve had a similar number and none have ever leaked…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mine have all worked fine.

They are silly pricey though.

crikey
    Free Member

Hate them. I might as well just pour the contents of my bag onto my shirt and lick it every now and again.

trail_rat
    Free Member

unless i lock mine off after each use it will leak so i lock it off

glenh
    Free Member

Mine are fine.

Plus, what’s a few drips of water down your shirt? Just a little extra cooling.

crikey
    Free Member

It’s not a few drips!

It means that my left leg, shorts, and arm gradually get sticky and covered in dust/dirt, and my left bar grips and shifter get gummed up over the course of a 3-4 hour ride.

B*s*a*d.

Reluctant
    Free Member

My Camelbak bitevalves only leak after a few years when the rubber gets a bit tired. Are you using anything to open them up from new?

glenh
    Free Member

I can only assume that you have a fat back and are squeezing it out some how.

RealMan
    Free Member

Are you biting too hard..?

aracer
    Free Member

The bite valves are the one thing they do really well. User error IMHO.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Suck, don’t blow.

Trimix
    Free Member

Thats odd, Ive had one for years and years – its never leaked from the valve.

Do you chew yours ? Is the split in yours massive ?????

uplink
    Free Member

The only one I’ve had leak was very old indeed

on another note:
    if I wear ever to design a grappling hook, the exact shape of a Camelbak right angle bite valve would be used – in the sure knowledge that it would hook up on anything and steadfastly refuse to move

Milkie
    Free Member

Dog chewed mine, looks like it too, it still doesn’t leak!

As above, biting too hard or bag is being squashed a bit too much when on the bike.. Sure its not the actual tubing that has a split in it?

How about swapping it with a friends for a ride, see if it still happens.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Are you the result of an unlikely union between Janet Street Porter and Ken Dodd 😉
    (apologies in advance for any unintended insult to your family lineage)

molgrips
    Free Member

They all JEFFING LEAK.

I’ve had dozens, going back to when they first came out, and I’ve never had one leak.

EXCEPT FOR

That time I mis-read the instructions and I thought the ‘do not use a knife to open the new one’ symbol was a ‘DO use a knife’ symbol.

When you get a new one, are you rolling it around your fingers to get it to open up, or are you sticking a knife in it?

thomthumb
    Free Member

mine leaks.

they also leak when they have a hole in.

can’t find the hole on this one though…

julianwilson
    Free Member

if i leave the switchy thing open then it gradually drips, i suppose back plus straps pressure on the bladder eventually overcomes the bite valve.

I had a cheap old not-camelbak bladder with a ‘pull’ valve and eventually the valve sort of wore a bit, became too easy to open and shut and so sometimes opened and dribbled a bit.

Never had any problems with the switch/lock thing though; if it’s shut it stays properly shut.

I do resent how wickedly expensive camelbak’s spare parts are. New bite valve plus new switch lock thing costs half the RRP of a complete camelbak branded 1.5l system including the bag. WTF?

racefaceec90

mine leaks also (every camelback bite valve has done it) have to lock it.i reckon it’s a ploy by camelback to get people to keep buying their very expensive bite valve 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak valves. Invented by Satan?’ is closed to new replies.