Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Camelbak Skyline – Anyone got one?
  • dingleberry
    Free Member

Like the look of the new Skyline packs, but does anyone have one and can tell me the rough measurements of the main compartment? Am hoping it’ll fit the chin bar from a Bell Super.

Already emailed Camelbak, who weren’t much use; pretty much just copy pasted the info on their site, and said if I want more details I’d be best contacting their warranty department, who haven’t even bothered replying…

Ok writing that out seems like maybe Camelbak wouldn’t be the best choice, buuuuut… I like my Charge LR. 😀

zelak999
    Free Member

Just ordered one from Merlin. Doesn’t help your question but I’m excited so wanted to share 😀

dingleberry
    Free Member

Helps if you can get me a measurement once it arrives! 😆

zelak999
    Free Member

No worries, will do.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I just got one of these. Main compartment is smaller than I thought it would be. Main compartment measures 260mm-ish wide, 340mm-ish high, 140mm-ish deep. Hope that helps? I’ve just got, so I’ll be using it for the first time this weekend. I’m looking forward to it, as I had a Wingnut bag, which I loved, but the zips on them died repeatedly, and quickly. Hoping the Camelbak ripoff is a wee bit sturdier!

StuE
    Free Member

I have had a Wingnut Hyper 2.5 for 5+ years,no problems with it at all,one of the best bits of kit I have bought
    http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/Wingnut-Hyper-2.5

dingleberry
    Free Member

Looks like it’ll just fit! Thanks!

Not had any problems with the zips on my Charge, it’s even survived an OTB where it slid me to safety :D, so hopefully the Skyline will be just as tough…

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Well, my last Camelbak lasted 8 years. I loved the design and the materials of the Wingnut bags. I much prefer supporting small companies, so it’s a shame to buy a Camelbak in some ways.

davosaurusrex

I’m waiting for CRC to get these in as I have vouchers to use. I have a camelback charge at the moment but it’s ripped in a few places from a couple of offs. Old camelbaks seem near indestructible but now they use lighter materials to keep the weight down they don’t seem to anywhere near as durable.

davosaurusrex

Any feedback on these now?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Ooh yes, sorry davosaurausrex!

I love it. Bloody excellent. It’s got all the things I loved about the Wingnut (loads of comfortable, low and stable, not moving AT ALL when really going for it down hill) with the all the good camelbak stuff like fit and material quality. Massive thumbs up from me.

davosaurusrex

Sweet! Just pre-ordered one from CRC. Thanks for the feedback

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak Skyline – Anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.