Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Camelbak Skyline 10L Hydration Pack rain cover
  • thegman67

Do you guys know if you can get a rain cover for it as one review I read says its not 100% waterproof

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Thread resurrection

Has anyone found a suitable rain cover? I’ve used a standard camelbak rain cover by the slightest bit of wind and it’s off as it just doesn’t contour the pack very well

Need a solution and fast any thoughts?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

daytime bump

zilog6128

just put anything that really needs to be 100% dry e.g. phone inside a ziplock bag? I’ve used a rain cover before (not with that pack, although I do have a Skyline now) and while they work well IMO it’s too much faff when you actually need something out of the bag!

simondbarnes

I do exactly what zilog said

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmmmmm when its hammering down though, and all your mini tools and bits inside go all skanky and rusty from a ride?

cant really understand why they’ve not made one for it tbh, its pretty disappointing as its a bag that’s used all year round just like a mule etc

Tracey

You can buy the XS Osprey covers separate, they may fit

mildbore

Really irritated when I got my Skyline to ind no rain cover having read a review saying it had one (thanks mbr) and that’s one of the important features for me. Hey ho, I use an old rain cover cut off a deuter pack and zip lock bags inside when it gets proper wet (like yesterday)

zilog6128

lol yeah that review pops up if you google “Camelbak Skyline rain cover”

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

haha same here, I wouldn’t have got it had i known (again thanks mbr)

annoying as hell!

the proper camelbak cover is useless on it due to the shape of the pack

will have a look at alternatives then, see if i can stick it on some how

zilog6128

Found this review as well http://themtblab.com/2016/01/camelbak-skyline-10-lr-pack-review.html

where the guy reckons he just added a couple of cable ties to the bag to let him use the normal cover, you can actually see what he’s done in one of the photos (although there’s no actual photo of the cover on the bag)

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ill stick a couple on, assume he threaded the raincover lanyard through the zips tie and velcro’d together

still a bit of a bodge mind, but will be more secure than without

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve got a Deuter and a Camelbak with integral rain covers, they’re not much cop if it’s properly wet. I just use a pack liner if I’ve anything that really needs to stay dry.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak Skyline 10L Hydration Pack rain cover’ is closed to new replies.