Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Camelbak Octane.
  • twoniner
    Free Member

Anyone use one for riding? I’m after something small and light just for those quick rides out the back door. Comes with a 3L bladder and I only need it to hold pump, tool, tube and phone. May want to stick a lightweight waterproof in there too.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/camelbak-octane-xct/rp-prod86754

I was looking at the rogue but it doesn’t have a belt.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got a Volt LR and can’t fault it, other than being less comfortable than a bare back, but I hate all backpacks for that. Holds 3l of water, tools, waterprof, first aid etc for a day out not too far from civilisation.

I’d definately get the LR version and I prefer the bigger packs as they tend to feel more stable when packed well than too small a bag stuffed with stuff.

twoniner
    Free Member

The volt looks good but a little bit too big for what I’m after. I like the waist belt with the little pockets in them.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Half my mates seem to have these slung off their backs for 2-3 hour rides. All rate them as comfortable and stable and just the right size for a waterproof, spares, pump and snacks. I’d be getting one too but my 15-year-old Blowfish just refuses to die.

mssansserif
    Free Member

Looked at any ospreys? seem to get a better review than camelbak these days.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I asked the same thing in the summer

I’ve since brought one and think it is good. My main complaint is that it is tricky to know exactly how much water you’ve put in. It does feel a bit different to begin with but I like it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak Octane.’ is closed to new replies.