Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camelbak Lobo realistic carrying capacity.
  • qwerty
    Free Member

My 2001 Mule has finally died. I’m looking to replace it. My old Mule has much smaller capacity than the newer ones, i don’t know how much it has.

Will a 2015 Lobo 3l carry: 2l water, Endura Pacajac, small amount of tools, shock pump, hand pump and maybe knee/arm warmers if needed?

I guess i’m wondering that if i only carry 2l of water as opposed to its maximum of 3l will it free up some additional storage space?

Ta

warpcow
    Free Member

I’d say yes it could. I’ve managed to squeeze in enough for a whole day out (3l water, tools, tubes, pumps, jacket and lunch) in my older model. I suppose it depends on the size of some of your things though.

qwerty
    Free Member

Cool, that’s what I wanted to hear. I pack small/light, no tube so sounds good.

mike399
    Free Member

I have the previous model Lobo and pack very similar to what you list – even a pakajak – only difference is I carry a tube but no shock pump.
    It all fits, but not much room for anything else, and your pump will need to be quite small so not to deform the shape of the pack and therefore sit funny on your back.
    This said, I really like the compact shape and will replace it with another if it dies. Nothing worse than a big bulky pack strapped to you back…
    Hope this helps.

twohats
    Free Member

Do people really carry 3 litres of water on a ride!!!
    Anyway, the Charge 10LR is a good alternative, only 2 litre bladder but carried low on the waist which is super comfy. 10 litres of storage too.

devash
    Free Member

I’ve owned a Lobo for two years and its great if you don’t need to carry lunch or extra layers. It will easily fit all of your tools, wallet, keys, and phone and a couple of energy bars. You can just about squeeze one of those packable waterproof coats in there too.

I tend to use my Mule more though, primarily for longer days out as you can fit in a more substantial lunch, a couple of extra layers, and most importantly a first aid kit.

kiwijohn

Do people really carry 3 litres of water on a ride!!!

We do in Australia.

jamesfts
    Free Member

As said you should just about be able to squeeze that little lot into one, though not much more. You’d struggle with anything other than a very light weight jacket and if you use a remote battery on night rides that takes up a good chunk of space too. Out of interest why the need for a shock pump?

Though a good pack I find the straps a bit narrow and one of mine has started to tare, by contrast my old Dakine pack felt far more secure and comfortable with a bit more space for kit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak Lobo realistic carrying capacity.’ is closed to new replies.