Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camelbak insulated bottles – do they work?
  • JamesD
    Free Member

Looking for something to keep drinks warm in this cold weather… do the Camelbak bottles do the job?

Otherwise the Elite Nanogelite looks like the alternative option:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/elite-nanogelite-corsa-thermal-water-bottle/rp-prod89891?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom&gs=1&gclid=CJmliqrCw8MCFUWWtAodhHMA1A&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ta.

scaredypants

not for long (warm contents in cold air anyway) but better than nothing I think

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hip flask with something strong for the ride 😉 and a vacuum flask in the car with some hot beverage post ride 😀

Or just ride harder 😛

More seriously, I find camelbak and the like bladders in a backpack tend to keep temperature a bit. Not tried hot things though, but I do find liquids in there don’t freeze in sub zero (except in the tube, but there are ways around that), and in hot summer a chilled drink stays chilled for ages. Guess depends on the padding of the backpack.

BadlyWiredDog

The smaller size insulated Kleen Kanteen fits in a bottle cage and is a bona fide insulated bottle and a reasonably light one, but I guess it depends on whether you’re after a vacuum flask-type thing or just a lightly insulated water bottle. I’ve not found the Camelbak one to do much at all.

Superficial
    Free Member

Blow back into the tube after each slurp so there’s only air and no water to freeze. Or just slurp little and often.

I’m intrigued by a bottle cage flask though.

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve got Elite one. It doesn’t really keep things very warm, but it stops things freezing, which was the main reason I bought it.

CraigW
    Free Member

I find the Camelbak insulated bottles work quite well. If you start off with hot water, it will be warmish about an hour later (in cold weather).
    Definitely warmer than a normal bottle, but nothing like a proper flask.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Camelbak Podium Chill, will keep a hot drink fairly warm for about an hour in single digit temperatures. Boiling to stone cold takes 1 1/2 – 2 hours. There is also a Camelbak Podium Ice, which I haven’t tried, but Camelbak (and a review) say is four times more effective, so keeps drinks warm for around 4 hours.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak insulated bottles – do they work?’ is closed to new replies.