Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Camelbak Hydroguard Interior
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

My Camelbak interior is showing signs of yellow sticky gunk over the whole surface. It’s almost like a putty.

I presume it’s the hydro guard, I have done all the normal things to keep it clean, nothing unusual and used water and of late SIS hydration tablets. It’s about a year old.

Any thoughts this Sunday before I ring up on Monday.

vincienup
    Free Member

:p

Does it taste funny or just look wrong?

Have you tried the freezer trick or steradent/Milton/whatever?

I’ve always been leery of putting anything other than water in my camelbak but tend to stick sis tabs or Torq energy in my hydrapak instead as I can dry that inside out…

My Camelbak Antidote bladder has never formed a pasty gunk inside but hydration tablets I’ve had in a bike bottle I didn’t wash and just kept pouring/topping up started tasting of pondweed… Dishwasher fixed that but you can’t do that to a bladder!

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

All of those tried and tested things.
    However the surface is actually separating, in places crumbly others funky. Really weird, it must be the coating going wrong. I just don’t want to be ingesting the stuff.

vincienup
    Free Member

I think it’s new bladder time. Still under warranty?

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Should be, but some goodwill may be nice if not.
    I suppose all these coatings can have defects. However I had a north face nalegene bladder that was great, only problem ever was when it spang a leak, hence camelpak.

What a bugger though!

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve used Camelbak bladders for many years and never had a similar issue. I use water only in mine, and almost always leave it partially filled between rides, then top it off.

I usually clean it once or maybe twice a year with warm water and dish detergent. I got a new Antidote bladder over a year ago and I can’t remember if I’ve ever cleaned it or not… 😳

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak Hydroguard Interior’ is closed to new replies.