Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Camelbak essentials for Alps trip
  • rascal
    Free Member

I’m off to PDS in a few weeks and just pondering what essentials I need out and about.

Spare DH tube; a few chunky zip ties; split links for chain; not snapped a mech hanger yet but sod’s law that if I don’t take a spare it will break so about to but a new one; 3 sets of brake pads; spare gear cable inner – all these as well as pump, shock pump, multitool, tyre levers etc
    Have I forgotten anything?
    Oh – and what pads for XT brakes?…saw another thread for Superstar,,,,worth a punt?

wallop

Sun cream, hopefully.

iainc

An Evoc pack so the contents don’t become part of your body when you crash ? 😀

dantsw13

In camelbak, much the same as usual. A mini workshop for any post ride fettling.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Wrap some gaffa/duck tape around your pump. Always useful to have a few feet of that.
    I also like to take either a gerber, or a small adjustable spanner, good for straightening discs.

BoardinBob

Assuming you’re hitting the main lines and not doing back country epics, you’re never more than a few minutes from a bike shop. I don’t even bother with a bag now
    Multi tool in a pocket and some euros. Job done.

rascal
    Free Member

Really Bob?
    I’d want something with me…snap your chain or hanger over in Switzerland and it feels a long way back to Morzine with a borked bike when it could easily be fixed on the trail.

jimw
    Free Member

This past week in the Alps I Have Mostly Been Carrying:
    Spare tube
    Spare hangar
    Pump
    Chain link
    Chain breaker tool
    CO2 cannister and inflator
    First aid kit (range of mypore dressings, steristrips, antiseptic wipes, gloves, large wound dressing, foil blanket , ibuprofen) -packs small and weighs nowt
    Multitool*
    tyre levers**
    Small pliers
    Brake pads (1 set) I have XT brakes and carry non-finned Shimano pads as they pack smaller than the finned ones
    Gaffer tape*
    Zip ties
    Sun cream*
    Hat*
    Windproof
    2 litre bladder, filled twice most days- did I mention it was hot there last week?*
    Sunglasses*
    Piste map*

* I used these items
    ** I loaned these to someone else

BoardinBob

Really Bob?
    I’d want something with me…snap your chain or hanger over in Switzerland and it feels a long way back to Morzine with a borked bike when it could easily be fixed on the trail.

When I’m going that far I’ll take the enduro/fanny pack with a couple of extra bits like mech hangers. I hate riding dh with a pack on. Always carry the bare minimum

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Only one spare tube? Pack some patches. Big ones for all the snakebites.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak essentials for Alps trip’ is closed to new replies.