• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by golo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Camelbak bladders, quicklinks, O-rings getting too tight with time ?
  • iainc

any easy remedies ? My most used one, a 2l bladder, is around 18 months old and tighter than a tight think to click on and off. Can only assume it’s the O-ring on the hose ?

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Life time warranty, get a replacement.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Replace if you want, mine is a lot older than yours (7 or 8 years) and everything hardens up

julzm
    Free Member

Iainc – I’ve had this with a 3 min old one. I gave it a really good clean around the seal and it’s now absolutely fine t had been awkward since new.

iainc

Thanks for info, will try a clean and maybe some Vaseline or similar before warranty

mintimperial

Sounds daft, but I find that water works really well on Camelbak seals. Dunk ’em under the tap for a sec or something and hey presto. (Give everything a clean first obviously.)

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Yeah.. Vaseline might taste a bit funny. Unless you’re into that sort of thing.

iainc

Cheers for ideas, have mailed Wiggle but will experiment 🙂

pipiom
    Free Member

Little bit of “lickerty spit” FTW

devash
    Free Member

Mine started doing that after a couple of months. Camelbak sent me a new o-ring which seemed to help.

To be honest I usually just leave the quick release hose on all the time and keep the bladder in the freezer between uses.

golo
    Free Member

+1s for splas some water on it or lick it. I had the same problem and the low tech answer does the job.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak bladders, quicklinks, O-rings getting too tight with time ?’ is closed to new replies.