Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camelbak Bladder
  • OrangeBear
    Free Member

Hey guys

It’s been a very long time since I was on here. Jut a quickie. It’s over a year since I used my MULE and the bladder is full of mold so I need to get new one. Any suggestions of a cheaper alternative or is the original the best – its 3l and I need one that big as I drink stacks.

Thanks

Bear

bigdawg
    Free Member

i got the exact one you want from stonehenge cycles a week or so back (they were 20% off!!) – dont know ifthe sales still on but they bent over backwards to sort it out for me (the website crashed) and got it ot methe next day.

orena45

I replaced my Camelbak Mule bladder with a Deuter one during the winter and much prefer it to the original. It’s far easier to clean inside as access is easier and it also has a cover for the mouthpiece attached to stop cr@p getting on it – so prevents those mud/animal poo flavour sips of your drink! It’s also cheaper which is good 🙂

Got mine from Wiggle – http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Deuter_Streamer_3L_Bladder/5360010138/

dan1980
    Free Member

You could try cleaning it?

Pop a Steradent Denture Cleaning tablet into the bladder. Add some near boiling water and give it a good sloshing. Drain some of the liquid through the bite valve to get it into the tube. Leave overnight and Robert’s your mothers’ brother.

nickjb
    Free Member

2nd cleaning it. I found an old one in the bottom of a bag at home that was pretty rough. A good soak in milton and looked new.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Dont forget to clean the drinking tube either. Even if it looks clean, it rarely is!

allyp
    Free Member

then keep it in the freezer between rides to kill off the bacteria

epicyclo

second storing it in the freezer – that’s what we do in North Queensland where mould grows overnight. Steradent or Milton can make mould completely disapear.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak Bladder’ is closed to new replies.