Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • camelbak
  • aw
    Free Member

My camelbak has black mold or sooty deposits from a powered drink being left in the bladder.

I have rinsed it out in clean water several times but cannot shift the black mold from the tube.

any ideas…?

do you use carb drinks in your bladders or just water?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Stick it in the fridge after you’ve used it. I’ve never got mold.

aw
    Free Member

thanks chunky…do you use carb drinks and do you rinse them out after every ride or is putting it in the fridge sufficient to keep it mold free?

0091paddy
    Free Member

I only use water, and have a camelback drying insert that I put in after everyride.

ozzybmx
    Free Member

I have 2 bladders , 1 has mould (dont use it now)

Always take the bite valve off to , that lets the tube dry out.

aw
    Free Member

I think maybe water only for the bladder in future as I have never had any problems even leaving the water in after each ride. I could then use the carb drinks in bottles?

0091paddy
    Free Member

Yeah, was gonna suggest using a bottle if you must have carb drink, gels/bars no good?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

you can use milton sterilising fluid, puritabs or Iodine solution to clean the smeg out of the bladder & tube.
    use warm water, add puritab & leave over night. Flush it out well.

also, buy the camelbak cleaning kit to scrub the tube.

Then only put in water in the future & keep the bladder in the freezer when not in use. sorted.

aw
    Free Member

thanks!

Will look out for the cleaning kits.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep I use carb drinks. I usually just rinse it with water before sticking it in the fridge. I only use Nuun anyway which I find doesn’t get as mucky as other sports drinks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘camelbak’ is closed to new replies.