Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camelback zip repair
  • khani
    Free Member

Got an old blowfish that’s good apart from the main compartment zip is busted, it keeps bursting open after its zipped up, anywhere repair em? Tried the local place on the high st and she said she couldn’t,
    The third bottle of wine was a step too far… 😥

I_Ache
    Free Member

Interested if there is an answer to this as my Dakine Apex keeps popping open too. I don’t really want to spend over £100 on a new bag that has the same features.

I suspect that buying a new zip and find somebody with a sewing machine will be the answer.

khani
    Free Member

That’s what’s pissing me off..£70-80 on a new bag for the sake of a five pound zip, and you can’t get the old shape blowfish now..and the newer ones aren’t as good,

hexhamstu
    Free Member
    khani
    Free Member

The zip yard are miles from me and dont do postage, thanks anyway Stu, bG..they look spot on, thank you 😀
    Cheers peeps 😀

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

You can’t use a normal sewing machine, you need something a bit more industrial.

Best thing I’ve found is local dry cleaners has a repair facility, they do them for about £10 a zip.

nickjb
    Free Member

Look for a dry cleaners with an old lady on a sewing machine sat in the window. There’s a few around. Or DIY it. I fixed mine with an ordinary sewing machine. looks a bit rough, especially at the ends but I put a proper chunky zip in so it should last.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camelback zip repair’ is closed to new replies.