Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cambridge audio Minx GO portable speaker
  • yunki
    Free Member

I’m getting on a bit now and my days of lugging a hefty PA rig and generators to provide sound for a beach party are long gone..

That said, there’s a small gathering planned this weekend, and it would be nice to have a wee bit of samba as we sit around the camp fire sipping pimms and that..

I’ve sat here scratching my noggin for hours trawling through pages of the latest tech, and with a lowly budget my options are fairly limited.. i know that things have moved on and a good sound can be had from a very small installation these days and this little offering from Cambridge Audio might do the biz on the evening..

any thoughts?

mintimperial

I’ve got one, it’s pretty good for listening to stuff in the garage and whatnot, sounds pretty good to my ears (I’m not an audiophile though by any means so if you’re the sort of person who can hear what metal your connectors are made of you may be disappoint). Not sure it’s really loud enough for a proper party though, more of a background music effort really, it’s only wee.

I did have to send the first one I got back cos the battery died after a month or so, but the current one is holding up ok for now.

Mintman
    Free Member

I’ve got one and it’s great, it is loud enough to provide elegant ambience at summer soirees and BBQs. It handles bass and volume quite well for its size with a fair does of treble and midrange so you can hear the more intricate bits.

battery life is good, I had mine playing from a blue tooth source for 5 hours and it still doesn’t need a charge.

dannybgoode

What’s your budget?

On the pricey side I would have one of these http://www.thehouseofmarley.co.uk/audio-systems/get-together-bluetooth-portable-audio-system.html

Budget a bit tighter – one of these http://www.thehouseofmarley.co.uk/audio-systems/chant-portable-audio-system.html

They do a bluetooth version on the latter for £80

yunki
    Free Member

I’m looking about £100

ajantom

Minirig FTW – they’re bloody brilliant! Cost about £95 I think.
    Minirig Website
    Some peeps had one in the tent next to us at Boomtown Festival last year, and I was amazed at the sound quality, volume (without distortion), and battery life.

Cougar

Have a look back through the forum. There’s been a “what BT speaker” thread about once a fortnight for the last six months, lots of useful information been given.

ross980
    Free Member

Really happy with my Minx Go, would definitely reccomend it. Battery last ages, sounds great for the size. My top tip – if you sign up to Richer sounds VIP newsletter you get a £10 off £100 voucher. The Minx Go is £99 so you may need to buy a £1 worth of speaker cable (they didn’t bother with me) – it’s the only way I could get it less than rrp. The other plus point for RS is that for 10% of the (discounted) value you get a 5 year warranty, which if you don’t use you can take back within a month of its expiry for a refund (I guess they presume correctly most people will forget).

EDIT: I appreciate my post looks like the usual case of someone recommending something just because they’ve bought it… But this is the review I read before deciding: http://www.whathifi.com/review/cambridge-audio-minx-go

yunki
    Free Member

That House of Marley Bag of Riddim looks the part 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cambridge audio Minx GO portable speaker’ is closed to new replies.