• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Camber Evo Appreciation Thread
  • bomberman
    Free Member

Having read the “overpriced stuff” thread and remembering that there is indeed a lot of Overpriced Stuff, i wanted to try and throw a bit of positivity in there and say that i am absolutely loving my new 2015 Specialized Camber Evo.

At 2K it was £1000 less than the SC 5010 Carbon i was considering. This is a photo from Norland moor which is a network of sandy trails with a random fist sized boulders sticking out, through to babies head size and all the way up to giant turtle. The camber loves it!

It absolutely kills the rocky, rooty Calderdale trails and makes light work of climbing the steep stuff that leads to all the good bits. Those 29″ wheels and knobbly tyres just seem to find grip from nowhere. It’s fun, fast and an absolute blast!

Now coming from a SC Heckler i can tell you that SC bikes are very well made, reliable and a lot of fun to ride and i have no doubt that the 5010 i passed up on is probably a demon trail slayer (and the heckler, and the bronson, and the nomad…). And, furthermore, i would definitely have another in a heartbeat. But as i am saving for a house this was an opportunity too good to miss.

So there you go, not all bikes are a rip off and some are an absolute bargain 😀

zer0cool
    Free Member

Awesome bikes,especially this version. I really liked the 26er elite version too. Shame they got it just right then discontinued.
    I don’t have one but would really like one. Been looking at the 2016 model and while I think the SWAT thing is handy I think the 2015 is the better bike. Not ridden 2016,so could be wrong though.

mikeep
    Free Member

Yip, spesh fsr is pretty impressive. I’ve an enduro 29 and think it’s ace.

sammaratti
    Free Member

More pics please.

I have a 2011 camber and im always surprised by how capable it is.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Love mine. Great all rounder. Allows me to ride harder stuff while still being great for a longish XC blast

They should put a dropper in as standard but got mine in demo day deal so essentially got reverb fitted for less than full price

The only bummer is not fitting on my saris bike rack

andybrad

love norland. those little rocks jump out at you though and send you otb 🙂 well me anyway

chrismac

I love mine too. I found the carbon one for £3k so took the plunge and its an amazing bike.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Absolutely love mine. Had a few changes, shorter Easton haven stem, unicrown Trace forks 120mm and a black KS Lev. Had far far too many bikes over the years, and i’m glad i’ve gone and bought it. Its a great bike even in tight corners! Bloody magical.

The LEVs are a great alternative to the command post for the alu Camber evo as the cable fits through the hole in the frame. This also sits at the bottom of the post so no slack when the post is compressed.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

chestrockwell

My friend rates his 2014 very highly and it does seem a lot of bike for the money. I like all the finishing touches, very slick.

LMT
    Free Member

The camber is the perfect bike for me, ive got the 2012 expert last of the 26ers, really want a new 29er but can’t seem to give up the 26er its such a great bike. Tempted to get the Evo in the sales, just haven’t seen them marked down yet.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

£1700 wasn’t bad!

Annoying that golf is so good today as twitching to get mine out now!!!

NormalMan

They can be found around the £1700 mark usually. Cheapest deal I’ve seen was a fair while ago at £1600.

Have you not sold the 26er yet LMT?

Mine must be sold soon. Just haven’t got round to getting it from storage at my father’s place and giving it a quick clean.

LMT
    Free Member

Not yet, I had too many silly offers the bikes a great bike and still looks new, I wanted £850 but I kept getting £400-£500 offers, its worth more than that, I sold my OH’s giant xtc which was 10 years old a few weeks back for £450 and that was a silly 15″ frame, the camber is a nice sensible M.

Its a great bike love riding it, might just save up for the new bike and get it next year and then I won’t be so attached to the 26er!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Camber Evo Appreciation Thread’ is closed to new replies.