• This topic has 12 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by dab.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Calling Trout etc – lupine passubio
  • dab

Can the passubio xc be converted to LED ??

Cheers

LoveTubs
    Free Member

All depends upon the casing: What are the dimensions? Pickie would be good – has this not been ‘done’ before on here?

RustyMac

pretty sure this has been done before wwaswas sent in his to trout to see about a conversion but i can not remember the outcome.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dab

Tubs / Mac
    Yes there was a passubo thread but it didn’t come to anything
    Is it a pic of the head unit you need ???

dab

Tubs , the opening is 34mm narrowing to around 31mm x 30mm in the cylinder
    Plus a tapered bit at the back ( circa 11-12mm )

dab

Tubs have e mailed a pic to your profile e mail addy @ tiscali

Dave

RustyMac

what is the length of the light?

dab

If you mean bulb / reflector 34mm to the pins

RustyMac

Humn,

looking at the dimensions it would appear you should be able to get some kind of LED package and driver into the can, however having a look at some Google pics of the light it may end up being a one shot deal with fitting them as i can see no way of getting them back out.

Currently the bulb is held in with a cir-clip and the power switch is external to the lamp housing? Correct me if i’m wrong, what I’ve written next won’t make any sense if i am.

If you press a module into the housing past the ridge to secure it with the cir-clip you would have no way of getting it back out again and you have no switch or power connector to remove at the back of the lamp to push the LED package out.

The other aspect to all of this is that it is so cheap for Chinese head units it may make more financial sense to buy a new head unit and wire it to the lupine battery.

dab

Rusty
    I bought one of the 1800 lumen Cree sets
    Wow amazing light

Just seems a shame to stop using a really nice light
    Like the passubio

Think I’ll prolly end up just getting another Cree t6
    Treat them as disposable assets !!

Thanks for your help , love the fact there’s so much knowledge on this forum

RustyMac

When you take in to consideration that the can will not have been designed for heat dissipation and that that will force you to reduce the levels at which the LED’s can be run at and then the cost in comparison to a cheap head unit it soon becomes very costly to keep it going.

What are the specs of the Lupine battery you have?

This light on eBay looks promising and could make a nice donor for the passubio if the battery spec are similar.

wwaswas

He wasn’t able to do anything with mine. Think there wasn’t enough room I. The case, I think. Might be worth seeing if things have moved on.

dab

Waswas thanks for the update !

Just pulled the trigger on a fluxient unit
    3000 lumens for the bars to join the 1800 lumens
    On the head , canna wait to get my hands on it

Got a taste for the power lol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Calling Trout etc – lupine passubio’ is closed to new replies.