Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Calling the graphic designers – day/hourly rates?
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

What's an average hourly rate to charge?

I've been asked to do some work (combination of academic analysis and graphic design) and i've no clue what to charge.

findo_gask
    Free Member

How many years experience you got? Are you any good? What do you think you're worth?

CaptJon
    Free Member

I'm OK and been doing it about 4 years. The work i do is infographics and for an academic (geographer) i'm very good, for a designer i'm average. I know what i'd charge for academic consultancy, but i'm not worth that for design work. The trouble is i don't know what is cheap.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

£25 an hour is fair enough I reckon

Cougar

Rule of thumb from my contracting days, price per hour contracting = salary / 1000. So if you'd earn £25,000 salaried, charge £25/hour.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Guy I use charges £35 per hour, but he does have over 10 years experience.

tron
    Free Member

Blimey, Graphic Designers are cheap! Or they get a lot more of the hourly rate to themselves.

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

My time here is booked at £90 – £120 per hour!!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Singletrackmonkey – Member
    My time here is booked at £90 – £120 per hour!!

Inc overheads?

binners

£25 an hour is fair.

I used to work for a rather large advertising agency and was somewhat shocked to find out that charged my Art Direction time out at £200 an hour. I wasn't seeing the merest fraction of that!!!

manitou
    Free Member

dont you know.. all us graphic designers and art directors work for free.. people always want something done as a favour, does my head in 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I used to work for a rather large advertising agency and was somewhat shocked to find out that charged my Art Direction time out at £200 an hour. I wasn't seeing the merest fraction of that!!!

Well look at it this way: if you earned more, you'd only be subsidising Hora's alcoholism even further…. 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I'd charge £250 per day minimum. Given that it will have to be your w/e or evenings when it is done. That time is expensive. I'm in a similar game (you may already know) and have charged £400 a day regularly. Don't forget after tax etc, you need to find a sum that you are happy to have in your pocket in exchange for blowing off a day

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Calling the graphic designers – day/hourly rates?’ is closed to new replies.