Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Calling Sonosists, what's Sonos portability like?
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

Got a Sonos 1 just wondering what the portability is like, say like taking it on holiday. Assuming the mobile phone signal is non existent would the Sonos work off the phones personal hot spot wifi network enabling you to simply stream music from your phone? Obviously if there is no signal there won’t be an Internet connection and access to Spotify. Has anyone done this?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Might possibly work if you can get a media server running on your phone. Why not try it?

MrNice
    Free Member

I assume you’re not flying. I’ve got one on the desk in front of me and it’s far heavier than you’d think from looking at it

Were you thinking of using the phone as a server or as an internet connection?

why on earth would I read the whole of the OP before posting?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I will try but thought I’d canvass any experiences beforehand in case there were any tricks needed to make it work. I realise its heavy and not portable in the sense of taking it everywhere, but to set up in the apartment for the week. Saves me buying a Bluetooth speaker, that’s all.

mrchrispy

Why not just switch off your home wifi and test it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Calling Sonosists, what's Sonos portability like?’ is closed to new replies.