Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Calling shopfitters / BodgeTrackWorld experts
  • cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

I recently noticed that the customer service desk at the local free coffee shop Waitrose has been tarted up and I fancied the look of it for a DIY project I’ve got in mind.

Does anyone have any idea where I could buy a reasonable quantity of the thin wooden slats in the photo below? B&Q and the like sell single pieces but at £4 a go so I’m wondering where the “trade” would go to buy wooden slats either individually or on a roll that can be installed and then trimmed to length

Any ideas?

iffoverload
    Free Member

ask at a local joinery company, they should be abe to cut you stuff from off-cuts and run them through the sander with a bit of luck.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Its most likely faced ply.
    Just buy a sheet and then run the saw across it at the width you want.

wwaswas

you can buy ribbed mdf.

It’s designed to allow it to be bent and the ‘shiney’ side is on the reverse but if you don’t mind a slightly rough finish it would be fine painted or varnished.

a quick google shows several suppliers for ribbed wooden panels.

iffoverload
    Free Member

or use a sheet and run a saw/router over it to groove it instead of faffing with individual pieces

footflaps

or use a sheet and run a saw/router over it to groove it instead of faffing with individual pieces

Would still be a big faff unless you have a proper table saw for large sheets….

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

awesome – thanks everyone!

Sandwich

This is an anger management “thing” isn’t it? Your own slats to hoof when it all gets too much.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Calling shopfitters / BodgeTrackWorld experts’ is closed to new replies.