Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Calling "Rider" on Green
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

I was bimbling round the green route at ‘degla on Saturday when a strange thing happened. My sons were a few bends ahead and I was trying to coax a 4 year old friend of the family down what he felt was a particularly challenging and difficult steep section.
    A few people cycled past including one lovely lady who gave the sprog a bit of encouragement. The next person along however bellowed “Rider” at us as he hove into view. At the time I was just confused and completely blanked him. It was only later on that it occurred to me that perhaps he expected us to get out of his way.

Are there really people out there who ride green grade kids routes at speed and expect kids to make way for them as they thunder past?

confused

kennyp
    Free Member

There aren’t many, but you do get a few real gits. Quite rare though, you were maybe just unlucky.

titusrider
    Free Member

If you are used to racing it is just the default ‘im here behind you please be aware’ shout i know if has connotations of asking people to move over but in all honesty in sure he expected to find his way past you and just wanted to say a warning

basically i think ur probaby reading too much into it

wrecker
    Free Member

That is hilarious. I don’t think I’d have been able not to laugh.
    Why would a racer be riding around a kids green trail?
    Lapping 4 year olds doesn’t carry bragging rights.

dantsw13

I bet youll find its a strava segment!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Calling "Rider" on Green’ is closed to new replies.